• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does Tikka make a model comparable to the Bergara HMR in 300wm??

EotS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2020
South
Debating if I should go Tikka.
I like the CTR, but it's not available in 300wm. Do the have a long action comparable to the Bergara b14 hbar guns?

One of the gun shops near me has a tactical in 300 win mag. It’s like $1800, so quite a bit more than a 300 win mag HMR.

Yup,
I'm not paying nearly $2k for a HF barrel.
Yeah for that much might as well build something. Also the Tikka actions are relatively short to do long range 300 win mag stuff with

Sako S20 Precision??

sako-s20-precision-7rd-24-rifle.JPG

Last edited:
Bummer.

I'm having serious misgivings about a HMR 300wm after my galled bolt issue, and reports of firing pins needing bushed, shrouds breaking, ect.

FWIW I have 336 rounds through mine with none of those things occurring. I have not read of those issues happening but perhaps I have missed some posts on them. It took awhile to find the ammo it likes (unfortunately I do not reload, yet), but once I did I see the accuracy I wanted when I purchased it. FYI: Barnes 200gr VOR-TX LR does the best for my rifle, good luck finding any though.

Don't try and rush a 5 round group though it though or it will heat up and you will degrade your accuracy for rounds 4 or 5. Then again I live in Arizona and shooting in the summer means a long wait for a barrel to cool in 100+ temps. I am not always as patient at the range as I should be when shooting for groups.

If I did it again would pick the Premier instead. Mostly for the SS barrel.

HTH

Reactions: ma smith
That is an older article I believe some of those things on the con list have been remedied with the T3X.

Bolt shrouds on newer Tikkas are metal.

Recoil lugs are now steel.

Ejection port has been enlarged.
Exactly. The only real downside for 300 WM is the last point, the OAL is fairly limited compared to 700 clones.