• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dog shoots man.

Maybe this belongs in 'Man's Best Friend' thread.

I’m a little confused as to why there was a loaded firearm in the backseat regardless of the dog being back there. Maybe I missed it in the article, but was the dog and rifle his, or the drivers? 10 seconds to unload and make safe and we would not be discussing this.

I’m a little confused as to why there was a loaded firearm in the backseat regardless of the dog being back there. Maybe I missed it in the article, but was the dog and rifle his, or the drivers? 10 seconds to unload and make safe and we would not be discussing this.

This...
I can not recall, in my 61 years, that I ever, EVER, placed a gun in my back seat, loaded or unloaded, with the muzzle pointing at me, the driver, or even towards the front seat. I don't even know how I would do that. A pistol I might could see, but a rifle?

Maybe by back seat they mean the back of a suv or minivan or whatever.

I could see ding dongs laying long guns down muzzle first there

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
That and the number of idiots that call vehicles with no bed “SUVs “

I don't believe this story. Now a cat, I can believe a cat would do this.
Pouncey concurs.

C5DC7188-427D-4332-881B-752A5D1D5671.jpeg

Go ahead, Meow my day!

Sirhr

Dad... drops hammer to "confirm clear" on his gun and kills his daughter on hunting trip!

Wait.. is there a rule to not point your gun at somebody until AFTER you confirm it's clear?

• Wow
Reactions: Bender
Dad... drops hammer to "confirm clear" on his gun and kills his daughter on hunting trip!

Wait.. is there a rule to not point your gun at somebody until AFTER you confirm it's clear?

Thats a heart breaker. Seems he should be charged with negligent homicide.

• Sad
Reactions: Bender and NoDopes
Man should have let his dog ride in the front seat

This seems like BS:

"So far, more than 2,400 gun deaths have been recording the the U.S. in 2023."

But, the article stated the man was 32 and 30 years old, so...

That’s why you always confirm clear and point in a safe direction. I know a guy that had an AD with a lever gun, it was cold and dark when we were loading up in the morning to walk into the woods. He was wearing gloves when he loaded his 1895 and when he went to lower the hammer on a loaded round his finger got pinned between the scope and the hammer. Never had an issue doing that previously but in this case his gloves were just thick enough to cause it to hang up.

When he tried to pull the hammer back to readjust it slipped off the glove and set off the round but unlike that guy he was away from the group and pointed into the ground in a safe direction. I will say that LeverEvolution out of an 18” barrel makes a hell of a flash in the dark out of the corner of your eye.

Reactions: NoDopes
Me and my dad did a lot of hunting, I did not load my gun until I was in my hunting spot, he didn't want one of us to trip and the gun go off. Always unloaded before the walk back to the car, no loaded guns in the car. I guess back then it was called common sense, haven't seen that in a while? (common sense)
Exactly.

Reactions: Expert684