• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dominus CB first shots

Seems like it sounds great for a smaller can

Yeah. Has a little more ping than I expected but still very enjoyable.
What caliber?

I have found in the last TBAC can I got(ultra 7 .264) it had a different tone than I was expecting and that my other ultra 7 had when I started shooting it. It’s tone has changed and sounds better now that I have rounds through it. I have a Dominus CB on order and will be interested to see if it acts the same when I first start shooting it. Either way, looks great and sounds good to me. Im ready to get mine.

What caliber?

I have found in the last TBAC can I got(ultra 7 .264) it had a different tone than I was expecting and that my other ultra 7 had when I started shooting it. It’s tone has changed and sounds better now that I have rounds through it. I have a Dominus CB on order and will be interested to see if it acts the same when I first start shooting it. Either way, looks great and sounds good to me. Im ready to get mine.
Yeah it may have even changed in that outing. I just remember thinking about it with the first impressions.

I was shooting a 6.5 CM through a 30 cal can.

Yeah it may have even changed in that outing. I just remember thinking about it with the first impressions.

I was shooting a 6.5 CM through a 30 cal can.
Ok, i did the same(6.5 through a ultra 7 .30)for a few years before I got my ultra 7 .264. Sweet man, put some more rounds through it and report back to us. I mean, it’s a TBAC so it’s good but i’m still interested on your thoughts after more time behind it.

Reactions: Jackomason
Ok, i did the same(6.5 through a ultra 7 .30)for a few years before I got my ultra 7 .264. Sweet man, put some more rounds through it and report back to us. I mean, it’s a TBAC so it’s good but i’m still interested on your thoughts after more time behind it.
Yeah I'll be testing it more indepth soon. I didn't even check zero on this trip.

Reactions: black5.3
I have been running one for a month or better now. I will say, it does have a decent ping when you shoot it without a cover, but with a cover it’s a really nice tone. Have run it on a 6.5 and an ar. Excited to try it on a 223 bolt and 300blk.

I have been running one for a month or better now. I will say, it does have a decent ping when you shoot it without a cover, but with a cover it’s a really nice tone. Have run it on a 6.5 and an ar. Excited to try it on a 223 bolt and 300blk.
I'm thinking about running it on my AR as well just for shooting skunks around the house.

That's a good point about the cover, I started with no cover for the sake of video but shot most the time with it on. That one up close shot you can really hear the ping.

I've got close to 1k through mine and I have never noticed the ping. I love mine and it works very well on a 26" 223AI bringing it down to low levels of noise.

Do you have any other suppressors that you can compare it to?

The Dominus seems like a great size for a can.

No, but @Schw15 has a ultra 9 coming. Maybe I'll get with him and we can do a side by side.

I really do like the profile of this can though.

Interested in hearing your thoughts on the two.

Suppressors always come with trade-offs (like anything else). For an all-duty can, I also opted to go short and fat, waiting on a Abel Co Biscuit.

The wife has a SiCo Omega I can directly compare it to (same mounting system so I can swap back and forth), and my TacOps has a larger titanium TacOps can, though that won't be a direct comparison.

At some point, I'll probably get a larger volume can (such as the Magnus) for .300NM and when I want more suppression. I'm still trying to figure out where the balance point is for length and weight versus suppression.

Interested in hearing your thoughts on the two.

Suppressors always come with trade-offs (like anything else). For an all-duty can, I also opted to go short and fat, waiting on a Abel Co Biscuit.

The wife has a SiCo Omega I can directly compare it to (same mounting system so I can swap back and forth), and my TacOps has a larger titanium TacOps can, though that won't be a direct comparison.

At some point, I'll probably get a larger volume can (such as the Magnus) for .300NM and when I want more suppression. I'm still trying to figure out where the balance point is for length and weight versus suppression.
I went ultra 9 because seemed like the most accurate for long range shooting. The claims are it didn't effect accuracy or change of impact at all. It is long but I wasn't to concerned because I'm not as big on hunting as I once was so I can deal with the length on the 1 or 2 hunts per year or if I even draw. Now the magnus is suppose to be the best now?

Reactions: kthomas
I went ultra 9 because seemed like the most accurate for long range shooting. The claims are it didn't effect accuracy or change of impact at all. It is long but I wasn't to concerned because I'm not as big on hunting as I once was so I can deal with the length on the 1 or 2 hunts per year or if I even draw. Now the magnus is suppose to be the best now?
I run ultra 9 on big guns like Norma’s and win mags. The ultra 7 is my work horse and I’m just waiting for my KGM R30K to use dedicated for my 260 gasser. The ultras are awesome. Hands down my favorite silencers.

Reactions: Elnino31
I don't know if I'd say the magnus is the best. Although they are claiming it's the quietest 30 cal can on the market. It's basically an SR diameter(1.8") 9" can. A lot of people wouldn't want that but it'll shine on ELR rigs for sure.

IMO there is no "best". It comes down to what trade-offs you are willing to make in order to maximize achieving your objectives.

Personally, if I'm going to stick a long suppressor on the end of my rifle, than I may as well maximize the volume of that suppressor. I would personally take a Magnus over an Ultra 9 (haven't shot either, FYI). Part of that is increased suppression if I'm already going to put a long can on a rifle, the other part is that the Magnus has the hub option.

I'm already setup for the Q Plan B/Rearden MFG mounts on my rifles, and I like playing Lego. Not having hub capability precludes the Ultra-9 from my options (likewise the Dominus, which otherwise seems like an excellent all-around versatile can).

The Ultra 9 seems like an excellent precision rifle suppressor though.

IMO there is no "best". It comes down to what trade-offs you are willing to make in order to maximize achieving your objectives.

Personally, if I'm going to stick a long suppressor on the end of my rifle, than I may as well maximize the volume of that suppressor. I would personally take a Magnus over an Ultra 9 (haven't shot either, FYI). Part of that is increased suppression if I'm already going to put a long can on a rifle, the other part is that the Magnus has the hub option.

I'm already setup for the Q Plan B/Rearden MFG mounts on my rifles, and I like playing Lego. Not having hub capability precludes the Ultra-9 from my options (likewise the Dominus, which otherwise seems like an excellent all-around versatile can).

The Ultra 9 seems like an excellent precision rifle suppressor though.
That's why I went with the ultra 9 for that reason long range precision

That's why I went with the ultra 9 for that reason long range precision

I think you will be very happy with it. I would be proud to have an Ultra 9 in my collection.

Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that suppressor and the side by side between the Ultra 9 and Dominus.

Reactions: Jackomason
Got back out last night, the ping is all but gone even with the wrap off. I guess I learned something new.

The muzzle brake has quite a bit of carbon but all seems good!

What do you think was the cause of the ping?

What do you think was the cause of the ping?
I'm not sure, I guess the only thing I've added was carbon. So that might be dampening the vibrations. I'm only 120 rounds in, that doesn't seem like all that much but there was a huge difference.

Reactions: Jnull
Also the load I had was kinda finicky. So accuracy went to crap... I guess that means more testing for me!

As it turns out you're still hanging a supressor on the end of your barrel and Tbac isn't magically immune to physics like a lot of people seem to allude to lol.

Reactions: jcam
Picked up my SR variant today and found this thread as I am looking forward to taking it out this weekend and wanted updates from the field. I have double digit stamps from hansohn alone, only two TBAC so far, but let me know if there are cans you’d like to hear it against and I might have it to do a comparison.

The Gen2 Ultra 5, 7, 9 are the same gross dimensions as the Gen1, except they have a narrow cut in the rear for further weight reduction. The Dominus's, Magnus's, and 338 Ultra are all larger diameter vs. the Ultra 5, 7, 9.