• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Don Geraci Remington 700 .308 Range Report

Fredo0621

Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
NOLA
Rifle Specs:
Remington 700(No Blueprinting)
Bartlein 5R 22in. 1-10 in.
Manners T2 with Mini Chassis
Tuned Remington trigger to 3ishlbs
LRI Bolt Work
AAC 762SD
Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16

All groups shot off of a bench with bipod and rear bag.

Hornady 178 gr BTHP 3 shots 100 yrds.

Berger 155 gr Hybrid (AICS Mag) 5 shots 100 yrds.

Hornady 178 gr BTHP 10 shots 300 yrds.

Last edited:
My gunsmith said its not always necessary and 95% of shooters will never know difference. Only face truing was done. He is a benchrest hall of famer, so I just nod and say okay. As you can see from the results I never doubted him.

Mr. Geraci knows his stuff for sure. He cut and re-threaded the barrel on my TRG while I waited. Super nice guy and very humble. I guess the hardware hanging on his wall can do all of the talking for him.

In the first pic, on the barrel just behind the barrel it looks like burnt powder on barrel, is that blowback from the suppressor??

I'm 30 and Don is probably around 70, but he is the kind of guy you just want to have a beer with.

Yes that is from the suppressor. It's locked up tight but it still happens. No adverse performance.

Where is the range you are shooting at?

Nice gun, you should try to get out to the FPR matches at Palo Alto.
It's southern shooting center in Thibodeaux, LA.

I am planning on it. I was doing load development on some 168 gr Hybrids with 2000mr and Lapua brass. That looks very promising at 100. I will post an update when I shoot them at 300. I hope it's good because the numbers look great. AICS mag fed as well.

Load info: Hornady 178 BTHP
47.4 gr 2000mr
Hornady brass
CCI BR2

Berger 155 Hybrid
46.8 Varget
Lapua brass
CCI LR

Dom built me a .300 win mag that shoots like a BR rifle. Trued up 700 action, Jewell trigger, 30" Broughton 5c bbl, thruster brake in an AICS topped with a Bushnell XRS. It is throated for the Berger 230's. pushing them at 2900 in the winter and about 2950 in the MS summers.

I have a Geraci .308 I got off a hide member. Absolute bugholer with 155 Anythings over Several.0g R15.