• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Done waiting 700 SPS tact AAC-SD -Savage answer

ls1mtz

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2010
Fort Myers, FL
I have been looking everywhere for the last few months for a AAC-SD and during my search I found a interesting rifle that I never even knew existed! It's a Savage 10PC but it has a 5/8" x 24 threaded barrel just like the AAC-SD. The 20" barrel is also fluted and includes 5r rifling with a 1:11.25 twist. This rifle also includes the Savage accustock and accutrigger. I looked all over the internet for a pic of it and finally found some pics on gunbroker Savage 10PC threaded barrel. I did not buy this rifle from gunbroker and have no clue who the seller is I just wanted to show everyone this neat rifle I found. I did however go to my local fun shop who found one and put it on layaway for me!!!

Re: Done waiting 700 SPS tact AAC-SD -Savage answer

Wow that is a nice looking rifle. I thought about the 10pc when I bought my 10fp. If this was around at the time I would have been sold! Let me know how it shoots!

Savage makes several models with fluted barrels and a muzzle brake, but none in 20" that I can find. My guess is that was a custom barrel the owner had made for him to replicate the 5R.

yeaha that souds like a custom job.

Savage has made a threaded 20" barrel but it has button rifling and a 1-10" twist which is savages standard for .308

nope. thats a factory offering new this year. Savage listens to the customer base.

I have one, ordered off gunbroker. It is a savage factory option, not a custom
12002.jpg

I really love the Savage, IMO that digital camo is HORRID!!!!

Wow, that camo is something else...! Good concept though, and as mentioned, Savage keeps their ears on the ground, and responds to customer wants.

I hate the Savage bolt handle they've been using for the last 5 years or so. Its fat and ugly. I took mine off and spent some time on a bench grinder, reforming it to look like the old one, which has a much thinner shaft, and a more spherical knob.

I also wish Savage didn't use that super-duper cheap piece of red plastic for the safety indicator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that camo is something else...! Good concept though, and as mentioned, Savage keeps their ears on the ground, and responds to customer wants.

I hate the Savage bolt handle they've been using for the last 5 years or so. Its fat and ugly. I took mine off and spent some time on a bench grinder, reforming it to look like the old one, which has a much thinner shaft, and a more spherical knob.

I also wish Savage didn't use that super-duper cheap piece of red plastic for the safety indicator. </div></div>

Amen. It's pretty awful. I was lazy so I just ordered a new one from Tactical Works for $40, and I really like it. I'm also tempted to just put a Savage 110BA bolt knob on mine, but it's about $90.

X2 for Tacticalworks, I have their bolt handle on my build and it's great. That is a nice rifle, let us know how it shoots.

that 110BA bolt knob is $65 at midway and i had to send my tac works back cause it didnt fit at all. glad you guys had better luck. mine was complete crap

Remington better watch out. Savage has been coming on strong for the last few years to the point that I got a friend to buy a 10fp over an exact copy of my Remington that he was so impressed with. Needless to say, his Savage shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that 110BA bolt knob is $65 at midway and i had to send my tac works back cause it didnt fit at all. glad you guys had better luck. mine was complete crap </div></div>

Ouch, sorry to hear it. Mine was and is excellent. Tough luck.