• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

doorway chinup bar

zack-s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2008
Ohio
Anyone use one of these? Just got new drywall and trim in the house and this looks like it would screw it up. Just wondering if it does.

Re: doorway chinup bar

Had 175 lbs so far on one with no problems. You want to load it as statically as possible, not with abrupt dynamic loads, and you should be OK. Ours has feet that spread wide on the vertical trim plus a wide bar that sits above the horizontal trim on the other side of the doorway.

As above- No dynamic.

Any reason why you went that route? If space is the problem, but you don't mind a few holes, look at buying a hang board. If your going to be limited to static movements anyway, I find hang boards much more 'fun.'

I have one and haven’t had any issues with it messing up the wall but I would agree to keep the load static. I’m in the process of getting a fingerboard to mix it up and work on finger-hand strength.

Thanks for the help. Limited on space and this seems like a good alternative to the bar and chains I have hanging from the basement joists.