• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Doublestar M4

Re: Doublestar M4

I have one that I got from CMMG in a bargain bin deal a couple years ago. It is a solid rifle and shoots great. It has a non chrome lined barrel, which doesn't bother me for what I use the rifle for, hunting. I think for the price they are hard to beat.

When I got it, it was in M4 configuration. I did some parts juggling and ended up with this:

HDoublestarAR-15-1.jpg

Doublestar.jpg

they are like any other AR. milled out in the same place with decent parts.
You will be fine with it. They are assembled and sold not to far from where I live.

Okay, well it looks like bud's has run out of that rifle.
frown.gif
So the next question is: How about CMMG Bargain bin AR's? any good? and for the really juicy question... what length? 16" or 18"?

I am looking for an entry level gun.
Any non-Olympic arms ideas for under $700 would be appreciated
grin.gif

BTW OneSureShot cool setup

DoubleStar makes fine rifles. I have the M4 Carbine version and I have never had a problem. Took off the carry handle and replaced with Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x (Green Triangle) and it is now my go-to SHTF gun.

Though Buds is out of the M4, you can check out this rifle at Buds. An AR for less than $700: good stuff.

Doublestar's are rock solid.

Put mine together from a kit in about 40 min(going slow and showing a buddy) for about $700.

And the folks at Doublestar are as good as they come.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the folks at Doublestar are as good as they come. </div></div>

Truer words have yet to be written. I have never had a problem with any DS I own (I have an AR 15 and their new 1911 which rules), but whenever I have had the need to call (questions about products) they have always been good to me.

When I called about their 1911, I not only got the info I sought, but I got it from the guy who actually designed the gun.

I have a Doublestar M4 and my Dad also has one. We both like them and have had them for a couple years now. Plus like stated before, the guys at Doublestar are top notch in customer service. Give them a call with some questions and you will see.