• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Douglass or Lother walther?

Dildobaggins

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
I'm finishing up a .308 build. I was looking at a few different options, and thier lead times are like 6 months right now for a few places, such as x-caliber. I would wait, but I want to use this for whitetail this year. Also, im really trying to keep the price under or around $500. LW has some in stock right now. If I went with the douglass it would be from compass lake. Is there an accuracy difference in either of these barrels? Or does anyone have any other options for sub. Or around $500 barrels without a 6th month waiting period? Thanks.

Reactions: Brad2000
I have an LaRue OBR with the LW barrel and that thing will do 1/2 MOA groups with Prime or FGMM if I do my part.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
Desert Tech uses Lothar Walther barrels for their factory conversions and I've yet to have one that didn't shoot

Understand though, there are different levels of LW barrels.
I have a pre-fit on an old Savage, it is a VERY nice barrel.
Douglas also has different levels of barrels, they enjoy a solid reputation as well.

I had a LW on an Armalite and that thing was phenomena!

well shit, I just ordered another LW….

Last edited:
No experience with Douglas; but I ran a LW on my AR10 .308. Had a StraightJacket barrel system installed, but that barrel was lights out both before, and even more so after, the conversion.

Of your two suggestions, I can't say anything bad about my LW use. Fit and finish, rifling, end result on target; all very pleasing results

Reactions: GhostFace
I have a Douglas barrel from compass lake. But in .223. After fucking with it for 200 rounds I changed it out with a keystone accuracy Bartlein and I’ll never spend the money on a cheap barrel again. That barrel is currently laying around the shop and gets used as a pry bar. But I did give compass lake another try with krieger spr barrel to go on my mk12. Just waiting on the can to see how that one shoots.

I have a few Douglas barrels and they all are shooters. Never had a problem.

I'm finishing up a .308 build. I was looking at a few different options, and thier lead times are like 6 months right now for a few places, such as x-caliber. I would wait, but I want to use this for whitetail this year. Also, im really trying to keep the price under or around $500. LW has some in stock right now. If I went with the douglass it would be from compass lake. Is there an accuracy difference in either of these barrels? Or does anyone have any other options for sub. Or around $500 barrels without a 6th month waiting period? Thanks.
Gas gun, I would go Douglas and have compass lake do the work.

I have a Douglas barrel from compass lake. But in .223. After fucking with it for 200 rounds I changed it out with a keystone accuracy Bartlein and I’ll never spend the money on a cheap barrel again. That barrel is currently laying around the shop and gets used as a pry bar. But I did give compass lake another try with krieger spr barrel to go on my mk12. Just waiting on the can to see how that one shoots.
Did you ever reach back out to CLE about it?