• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos DOW Range, Buena Vista, CO

earthquake

Area Man
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    Memorial Day shoot in perfect weather. Targets from 25 yd - 1,000+ yd.

Re: DOW Range, Buena Vista, CO

I'm jealous, I wish there was something similar to that near me. Enjoy it for everyone

that is one bad ass range.wish we had something like that close to here.best we can do is shoot when the crops are out to get any kind of distance.

Yup, it's a real nice range, and the fact that it's well maintained and FREE makes it even better!

What range and magnification is the through-the-scope pic taken?

Looks like a great spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang wish i new it was going on,thats just over the hill from me. </div></div>

Didnt you HEAR it? lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joker59</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COfox,
    Do you have a map to this loacation?</div></div>

Yes!

Link to Google Map showing location of range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droopz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What range and magnification is the through-the-scope pic taken?</div></div>

~535 yds. at 10x

thats an awesome range! My closest reasonable range is 550yds and it's just a straight line up into a hill.... Yours is prime! enjoy that.
    What calibre is your boom stick?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What calibre is your boom stick? </div></div>

Thanks for posting this. I had heard of the range, but it sounded too good to be true! Steel to 1000 yards and free!. Thanks for the pics, google maps doesn't do the range justice.

Looks like I'll have a LMT MWS inbound to me soon, I think I know where I'll stretch its legs. Finally something I want my tax dollars to go to!

Can you shoot prone?
    Didn't look busy over Memorial Day, do you know if it ever is busy?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FromMyColdDeadHa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you shoot prone?
    Didn't look busy over Memorial Day, do you know if it ever is busy?</div></div>

I suppose you can....I did! But, then again, I was the only one there at the time. I don't know if it's ever busy. I've only been there the one time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is one bad ass range.wish we had something like that close to here.best we can do is shoot when the crops are out to get any kind of distance. </div></div>

Same here.

This is definately a TAG situation. This would make a great stay overnight "road trip" shoot!! I will be making this trip for sure!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sreid87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm jealous, I wish there was something similar to that near me. Enjoy it for everyone</div></div>

+1!