• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS .260 upper

klyon

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2012
Ohio
New to the hide just asking some questions. Recently purchased DPMS upper in .260 has 24 inch fluted and threaded barrel. I just wanted to know what type of accuracy/reliability shooters are getting. Also what type of lower,trigger and glass to put on this setup

Re: DPMS .260 upper

You will likely want to get a DPMS lower. Large frame ARs don't follow a mil spec like ar15 pattern rifles so DPMS is your best bet for a good fit. Trigger wise find something that works for you personally I prefer a two stage trigger and run a rock river no 2 stage in my ar10 in 6.5 creedmoor.

Glass wise that depends on your intended use and what you want to spend.

Thanks for the input. Just purchased leupold mark 4 8.5-25+50. Been looking at CMMG lowers and triggers. Has anyone had experience with these lowers.

I would not by any cmmg products. If had bad luck with their barrels

Buy the dpms lower. It is a great billet lower. And is cheap.

+1 on getting a DPMS lower.

They fit really, really well.

Rifle should be a shootin SOB. I would at minimum put a Vortex on it and would not hesitate at a NF if you had the funds...

Get the DPMS lower add a magpul PRS stock stay away from the JP trigger in the SASS lower. it sucks! Its the only thing I hate about mine!

I would reccomend a JP complete lower. They will send the trigger already installed and tuned. It will rival any of the setups already recommended. www.jprifles.com

As aside note I have had mixed experiences with DPMS uppers. Had one (.308) that shot .5 five shot groups. The barrel broke free from the barrel nut extension and DPMS put a new barrel on that shot about 4 moa. Sent it back and they put another one on that shot great. However their CS is top notch and paid all freight. All that to say, if you are not happy with the accuracy I would have them take a look at it.

I ordered the JP trigger installed by DPMS when I bought my LR308. The trigger just wasn't as good as the JP trigger I had installed by JP on one of my 5.56 rifles, so I called JP. Apparently DPMS didn't install the JP springs along with the JP trigger parts. I have no idea if it was an oversight, or if they were just trying to save a few bucks by not installing the JP spring kit. Technically, I did get the JP trigger, just not the full JP trigger pack I had expected (that usually includes the springs).

I bought the springs from JP, installed them, and the trigger is now every bit as good as the one I have had on my 5.56 match rifle for over a decade. I have had quite a few different "match" triggers on various AR15/AR10 style rifles, and have had great success with the JP triggers. I haven't gotten the chance to try any of the Geissele (hope I spelled that right) triggers, so I can't compare to them.

So far I think I am probably going with dons lower with Jp trigger.
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25*50 Tmr/ M1 turrets LR/T.
I want to put a good 20 or 30 MOA (AR base) what type would be recommended.

Thanks for the info
I mean a DPMS lower with JP trigger.
The Nightforce AR rings with 20 MOA cant are $250 does anybody make
quality rings with equal or more MOA cant.
I would also like to get a muzzle brake since the barrel is threaded any opinions on who makes really good ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 260 shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SASSdriver why do you not like the JP trigger in a DPMS lower?</div></div>

trigger is not crisp. too heavy. travels to much. adjustment is a joke. adjust the screw and the trigger quits working althogether. turn it back and it is back to the way it was.. Unless it is not right from the factory I would never buy one!

I got my ADM Recon 30mm 20moa QD mount for $170