• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS 308 Accuracy?

Re: DPMS 308 Accuracy?

i have a dpms lr308 with 24" fluted barrel and can vouch for 3/4 moa.
it had a junk trigger, but a geissele will take care of that

are these MOA results from a out of the box DPMS AR-10 or have here been upgrades done to them? if so, please list them as i too am interested in this rifle.

Mine is a easy 3/4 to 1 inch gun with fgmm.With cheap ball ammo 1.5.All stock,badly needs trigger and prs stock.

My DPMS LR-308 Oracle has the following:

Magpul UBR
Magpul MOE grip
AAC flash hider
JP reduced power trigger/hammer springs
Older Leupold Vari-X II 3x9 in Weaver rings

Barrel, receivers, and bolt are just like they came from the plant.

With LC Match brass, 150 SMK's, and 41.0 of H4895 I get three shots in one ragged whole at 100 yards.

By no means nothing extra special about this package. These things just shoot.

shot that out of the box with the crap stock trigger about half the time. when i finally bought a gieselle trigger and prs stock it shot 1/2-3/4 consistantly.

I have a DPMS LR308 Oracle and have 360 rounds fired so far. I replaced the trigger with a 4lb Timney trigger, changed the buffer to a Enedine Hydraulic buffer, and put on a JP Bennie Cooley muzzle brake/compensator. Other than those changes it's a stock receiver and barrel. With factory AMAX and TAP FPD 168gr ammo it will shoot 3 to 4 shot groups into .625" - .65" at 100 yards. It is capable of putting more shots per group into the target, but I'm not! I'm nearly 65 and not the shot I used to be but if I do my part it will do these groups repeatedly. Not bad for a $1100.00 rifle.!!

TAP168gr100yrd-1.jpg
100yrdAMAX168gr.jpg

I don't currently own one but I had a factory DPMS 308LR that I shot a fair amount before GAP reworked it. The DPMS shot every bit as good as the 2 Armalite AR10Ts I have owned and at half the price, but the DPMS mag system runs better than the Armalite. They shoot.

Kirk R

I had a stock LR308 with a fluted barrel for a long while. It shot sub .75 inch five shot groups all day long when I was on my game. Amazing accuracy from a production semi.

what sort of mags do the DPMS lowers accept?
ASC brand i am able to get a good deal on, are they junk or good to go in a DPMS?

I'm no expert, but the DPMS will accept P-mags which seems like the better choice of the two AR-10 styles. The LR-308 accepts the same magazine types as the SR-25.

I would not have pegged DPMS for such accuracy. Thanks for the posts guys.

why does dpms have 19 an 20 round mags?
is one better than the other?

Pmags work great , i and some others had issues with original metal mags & no problems with the Pmags

I also own one with only a few things changed and only the trigger really helps with accuracy. In fairness the trigger provided is a service trigger and is the way it is for a reason.

Mine is a basic LR308 with 24" barrel. I added a Geiselle SSA trigger, PRS stock and ERGO handgrip. That is all.

It shoots way better than I currently hold, as I'm new to the whole LR rifle thing and especially to AR style rifles. But still I can hold 5-6 shots inside 1" at 100 yds. I'm working to get better.

So as everyone else that has already posted has said, these things shoot!

They are certainly not custom, but for someone who cannot yet afford a GAP or LaRue, LMT, etc and just wants to get in on the fun, this is the way to go, in my opinion. YOMV

Oh yeah, my DPMS metal mags work just fine without a single problem so far, as do the Pmags.

IMG_1761.jpg

JP Handguard
JP Trigger
JP Benny Cooley muzzle brake
JP adjustable gas block
Magpul PRS with extended buttpad
Accu Shot BT13-QK monopod
Phase 5 EBRv2
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm FFP
Burris Xtreme Tac 30mm medium rings

I'm extremely pleased with my LR308. I've got almost 1.5k rounds through it and it's easily a sub MOA rifle. Yes, it is a bit on the heavy side with the 24" bull barrel, but it balances nicely.

Link to a previous accuracy thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...743#Post2413743