• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS 308 mags SUCK

mike mccurry

mminvestments
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2008
Dallas TX.
Had 3 out of 6 new mags FTF. I loaded 10 rounds of federal ammo in each 20 round mag. and the last 3 rounds in all mags stuck in the bottom of the mags, when I slaped the side of them all 7 rounds fell out and the 3 others really stuck and needed some harder smacking around. Thinking of getting all PMAGS

Re: DPMS 308 mags SUCK

No argument from me on those factory mags.
I'm a Pmag guy all they way.
They were the only mags that worked 100% in my DPMS and LWRC 308 guns.

My SASS seems to do fine with the oem steel mags, but the pmags are the whip. Especially when a local retailer sells them to you for $15 each out the door!

What mags do you guys have? My LRT308 came with two steal 20 rounds mags. I have put 657 rounds through them and not one problem.

Factory DPMS. Like I said 3 out of 6 did work fine, but the other 3 sucked. In my DPMS SASS

10 mags...no issues. Something is hanging up in the mags identified.

Just ordered a 5 pack of PMAGS for my JD 308. It amazes me that here in California I order them as a repair kit and its legal to ship it as they are 20 round mags! Glad someone thinks im responsible.....

P-mags, there's no way I would run anything but!!! I do have some DPMS mags that have come with guns, and I've never had any trouble with them.

I've never had an issue out of any DPMS mag but I also recommend the P-mags over anything else.

DPMS .308 mags are pretty well know for spotty quality. I personally have 4 of them that work well, buddy of mine has two- one is useless, the other is MOSTLY reliable.

Metal mags, I won't buy anything but KAC or Larue now.

However, the PMags are VERY good and with the availability of cut down versions, they can fill all of your needs. They do however have an ever so slight difference in max OAL- being a tiny bit less than the larue mags, and ever a smaller bit less on the KAC mags. However, I never had an issue with M118LR feeding from Pmags, despite a very very, VERY light bullet tip rub. LR is certainly at MAX OAL for the PMags.

The only cheapo parts I have for my 308AR are DPMS mags. I have 4 of em and they all work great. No complaints here.

In my modified R-25 dpms 20x and 10x working smooth, but I have a lil accuracy issue with KACs 20 rounders. No Pmags yet avail for me.(
But best results still with original Bob Sled and single loading.)

Pmags are the way to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike mccurry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had 3 out of 6 new mags FTF. I loaded 10 rounds of federal ammo in each 20 round mag. and the last 3 rounds in all mags stuck in the bottom of the mags, when I slaped the side of them all 7 rounds fell out and the 3 others really stuck and needed some harder smacking around. Thinking of getting all PMAGS </div></div>

I have run 15 separate, numbered, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">19</span></span> rounds DPMS mags HARD through classes at Thunderranch with no issues.

However, I had a trusted AR armorer go through the rifle THOROUGHLY first. He Identified (and cleaned up) some burrs, etc. Little Stuff.

Makes a Huge difference.

BMT