• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DPMS 3g1 .308

win.308stealth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
fosston mn
Does anybody here have first hand experience with a 3g1 by DPMS in .308? How reliable are they? I have shot dpms rifles before in .223 and a friends LR ..308 24 in. Bull barreled rifle and these shoot extremely well. But I am looking for someone with first hand experience. Also have you ever shot for accuracy off a bench or bipods? Factory loads or handloads. Already paid for one, just waiting for it to come in. Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with that one in particular but generally speaking the heavy barreled DPMS 308s are good shooters. Assuming it is put together properly and runs out of the box I'd expect MOA accuracy.

I've had one for about a year now, the gun runs flawlesly with my hand loads, I currently have a vortex 4-16 on it its shoots under MOA, never had any issues with it, I think you'll be happy it's a nice rifle.

IMO, the dpms 3G1 is one of the best bang for your buck 5.56 AR's on the market today. Even better than the 3G2 as they changed to the 3G2 barrel to a 1:9 twist... IMO, in terms of 5.56, the dpms 3G1 is the best they have to offer and is at the very same level as the rock river arms ATH, and is the very reason why I own the 3G1 and why I have a hard time selling it.. It's just an accurate fucking AR rifle. For fuck sake, for $1100 dollars STOCK OUT OF THE BOX you get a 1:8 twist stainless steel Teflon costed barrel, Miculek Compensator, an unreal crisp JP trigger, badger tactical latch, JP VTAC rifle length handguard, magpul buttstock, chambered in 5.56 and not .223, and IT'S STUPID LIGHT WEIGHT!! due to these stats the 3G1 is better than the new 3G2,,, and I've shot my 3G1 "SUB-MOA ALL DAY LONG" on the shootout threads before no problems and that was with a friggen 1-4 power vortex scope!!! I'm almost scared to put my 4-16 power vortex scope on the rifle as I'm sure it would blow my other rock river's out of the water. Yes, one of the best AR's you can get and I would have a hard time picking between the RRA ATH & the DPMS 3G1. Both are amazing!!! Absolutely no FTE & FTF... It just goes and goes. One of the most light weight rifles you can pick... About the only downfall is the loudness of the compensator... the compensator does an amazing job of eliminating recoil, but it is more loud than my LMT 7.62 rifle!! Just an amazing all around bad ass rifle and perfect for 3gun also!

IMG_7136_zps0104123a.jpg

IMG_7139_zps72b93e90.jpg

IMG_7152_zps38ef80d6.jpg