• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

dpms g2 catering primers

jhmjr

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2014
I got a g2 hunter and it craters the primers. I would like to know how many people who are seeing this with there g2?

20140313_182143-1.jpg

Someone posted on one of the other g2 threads that the firing pin clearance wasn't very tight. Could that be part of the issue?

It's factory 150gn win ammo. Was hoping to hunt with some higher power ammo just using this ammo to break in the barrel

It's factory 150gn win ammo. Was hoping to hunt with some higher power ammo just using this ammo to break in the barrel

If you can mic your firing pin hole as well as your pin protrusion that might help I am betting dollars it's a firing pin hole too large. I don't think it's a problem but OCD people get mad about it.

I can't quite tell but there doesn't seem to be any swipes on the brass so I would take that brass, deprime it, reload it and drive on.

If you do have excess gap between the firing pin and the bolt you definitely don't want to try hand loads near the high end. You will blow primers. I know you can have bolt action bushed to tighten it up but it may be easier to replace an ar bolt if you decide it's necessary.

It's A New gun it should not have excess gap between the firing pin and the bolt pin hole.

Your primers though cratered look fine. The brass looks in great condition.

Since it's a new gun, you can send it back if it bothers you but there's nothing you can do about it other than replace the bolt with a properly head-spaced one.

I'm still going through a 1000 round box of a Lake City circa 2013 M80FMJ, but my brass and primer pockets in particular look just fine. Still no feed or ejection issues after 500 rounds. I fully intend to swage the crimped military primer pockets, reload it, and continue to rock out with my Gen2 out. Just love it. Handles like an M4 and felt recoil is more modest than an AR10 and closer to an M4 IMHO. Shoots straight too. Not an issue with the firing pin IMO.

Last edited:
Primers look like my factory 5R. If it really bothers you get the firing pin turned down and bushed.