• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS GEN2 Free Float Tube

longrange454

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2014
N.W. ILL.
I want to replace the Quad Rail on my DPMS LR 308 GEN 2 RECON. I really don't want to fork out 300 for a free float tube. Are there any lesser name brands out there? Looking at a 12"

Most don't have the equipment, but mill off the rails to the slots, machine in M-Lok slots and refinish. Keep the rails (top, front) that you want.

I’m not sure which one you are looking at, but make sure it is vented. The old style DPMS were solid, and the heat would come off the barrel and run out the front of the hand guard and the mirage is terrible.

Most don't have the equipment, but mill off the rails to the slots, machine in M-Lok slots and refinish. Keep the rails (top, front) that you want.
I thought about doing that, but i want the hand guard extended beyond the gas block.