• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dpms lr 308 ????

whodie63

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2011
campbellsville ky
i have a dpms lr 308 i and new to this and i need help i just bought a rail and i need help puting it on , it is a 16in and it has the small forarm on it and i am putting a longer quad rail and i dont know where to start ,,, any help would be nice thanks all

Re: dpms lr 308 ????

Which model DPMS and rail did you get? Do you have any pictures?

First off you will need to ensure y you have all the told needed. You will need a receiver block, bbl nut wrench and few other tools.

Once you have tools you will also have to determine if the rail you bought will work with your receiver. I am assuming you got an A3 flattop upper? The reason I ask its that DPMS has two different heights for their flattop. There its about a 1/8 in difference.

As far as installation, provided your rail will work and you have tools, your instructions should be self explanatory.

Re: dpms lr 308 ????

i will have pics of my gun up tomm thanks for the help man !!!and yes i have the a3 flattop upper