• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DPMS Mark 12

konabully

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2004
    PHX & So-Cal
    Does anyone here have any saddle time with the DPMS Mark 12? I just picked one up, new in box & unfired.

I wasn't really looking at buying an AR but I had an opportunity to buy it at a discounted price. Any pros , cons, or other suggestions?

Re: DPMS Mark 12

Been thinking about one of these all day. Please give a range report! Thanks, ADT.

One of my buddies has it. From what i remember shooting, it preferred GMM and 60gr TAP. Groups were sub moa, but we never got it sub 1/2 moa although some people claim to have done so. Supposedly the barrel shoulda been fine with heavier 75 and 77gr rounds, but they opened up a bit to moa-ish. I'm not sure, but i think your rifle is similar to DPMSs' mimi SASS, which is also a tackdriver.

I owned one before.It shot the blackhills blue box 75-77grnrs very tight groups.Remember it has the fast twist barrel in it so you can shoot heavy bullets.The Dpms Mk12 is one of my favorite factory AR15s.