• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS MK 12 thoughts?

malefactor

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
I want to get a MK12 and I'm not really interested in having an exact copy but I do want a quality rifle. I can lay hands on a DPMS for $50 and shipping less than a High Caliber upper.

What are your thoughts?

Re: DPMS MK 12 thoughts?

for the 50$ diff. really bro, go High caliber, do it right the first time.

Well there's the $50 difference, plus I have to build the lower for the High Caliber and have to have it shipped in...

Are you talking about the mini sass? All the reviews on it seem to be good. Im looking into this as well. I think Im going to try to find as much stuff used as possible and then use the dpms mini sass barrel to complete the upper.

Does a guy used to work at Crane; work at DPMS also? Pay the $50,you'll get your moneys worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does a guy used to work at Crane; work at DPMS also? Pay the $50,you'll get your moneys worth. </div></div>
Pay the extra 50$ and buy a lower and build it up, even if you have to save a little longer, itll be worth it.

Just thought that I would revive this to say that by the end of next week I should have my MK12 up and running. I went with the HC base model. I can't wait!

I just assembled the lower and it's sitting here all lonely...

My .02 is to get what you want the first time. You'll be happier in the end...BTW, i love the MK12. I have an RRA 24" Varmint and am trying to go the MK12/M4 route now..

The difference is more like 500 though.