• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DPMS SASS Upgrade question

theriddler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2011
South Dakota
I'm picking up a SASS on a trade and wondering what I should look at upgrading.. I was thinking trigger and one those hydrolic dampening buffers.

Anything else I should lool into?

Re: DPMS SASS Upgrade question

Definitely swap the trigger for a Geissele SSA-E as it will provide the most noticeable increase in accuracy aside from selecting the right ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely swap the trigger for a Geissele SSA-E as it will provide the most noticeable increase in accuracy aside from selecting the right ammo. </div></div>
The Endine buffer is a worth while change. I find the JP trigger on my DPMS SASS more than adequate for LR shooting.

I read that the stock JP trigger is set at 4.5 pounds. I know the JP trigger is "good enough" and i could probably get by with it.

I want the best
laugh.gif

Ill look into the Endine buffer as well
Edit: I notice alot of bad reviews for the Enidine Buffers. Ill read into it more but seems like there isnt much of a difference

I know i will be roasted for this but i like that timmney drop in one piece trigger. I have it in one of mine and love it!

Mine is still relatively stock, in the next month or so, i too plan on a Geiselle trigger, and a HD Buffer, maybe an adjustable gas block as well.

I think it comes with a 24" barrel. Ill probably have it cut down and rethreaded for my suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPEAK338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want to sell your JP trigger? </div></div>

I will see if I like the trigger first.. If not ill put it up for sale after iget my new trigger

I put a timney in mine, I need to change my gas block. It sucks when running a can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put a timney in mine, I need to change my gas block. It sucks when running a can</div></div>

What changes when you put a can on? I plan on putting my thunderbeast on there eventually.

To be honest about the only thing i'd upgrade on mine was the bipod (personal preference to check out the Atlas), and i hear with a can they are alittle over-gassed.

I think the trigger is pretty good and adjustable (although i haven't adjusted mine at all tbh), i say just put a good piece of glass on top and enjoy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semmens</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does over gassing do? will an adjustable block fix this?
</div></div>
Yes it will.

Before you junk the JP trigger, check to make sure that the JP spring kit is on your rifle. When I ordered a JP trigger from DPMS, they did install the trigger, but cheaped out and didn't supply the spring kit along with it. The JP spring kit makes a big difference in the trigger...without it, the trigger is OK, with the JP spring kit, the trigger is quite good.

I was surprised that they charged me the same price for which I could have purchased the complete JP trigger and spring kit , but they went cheap and didn't install the spring kit. I thought that was really being over cheap...sorta like a burger joint being surprised that you wanted ketchup on your burger.