• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report DPMS Sportical .308 Accuracy

longgunner

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
So Cal
Anyone done any accuracy testing with the DPMS Sportical in 7.62? The price is right, but I would like to know how it shoots with factory Federal 168 Gr.

Re: DPMS Sportical .308 Accuracy

My sportical shot so-so at 100 yds using 175 smk handloads. The best I could do was an average of 3/4". Shot it out further and it opened up to moa or a little worse.

CM

Thats not too bad, I will be happy with 1 moa. The cost is definately right as well. Did you use normal height scope rings or did you need the taller ones?

It's what DPMS calls one of there AR models. I guess its a cross between sport and tactical...

Have you upgraded the trigger, my LR308 stock trigger was 6+lbs, replaced with RockRiver 2stage Match (super better)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">? What is "Sportical" ? </div></div>

A sportical, if it's anything like the .223 model, is a lightweight model with a pencil-like profile barrel, flat-top w/ slickside upper, railed gas block, and no sights.

The .223 I had was quickly sold after being acquired through a trade for dirt cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Center Mass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My sportical shot so-so at 100 yds using 175 smk handloads. The best I could do was an average of 3/4". Shot it out further and it opened up to moa or a little worse.

CM </div></div>

3/4 MOA so-so with a $800 semi-auto .308? Good luck buying a gas gun that will shoot much better than that! Hell the SR25s I run at home and at work shoot about that or a little worse and that's with a rifle that costs 10x more. I wouldn't call your 3/4 so-so...