• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS Sportical Anyone?

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
Love the bolt gun but want something semi just to throw bul-its down range. The Nylon66 is fun but want to extend the range longer than 22LR. Looked at the Ruger Mini 14 but its the same price ($700) as the Sportical and I am not a Ruger fan. I will mount a Eotech or Aimpoint or maybe a fixed 4x.

No forward assist, no chamber cover, do not think this will be an issue, any else its missing from my M16 days?

No plans to trick it out yet but I assume if I ever did, the lower is a true lower.

Thanks

Re: DPMS Sportical Anyone?

I've had a couple of the DPMS rifles in my days, I have yet to have any issues so far(knock on wood). The sportical is just a plain jane, no frills rifle, and for what you are looking for, I'd think it would be a better choice then the ruger. Even for the fact if down the road you do decide you want to change it up a bit, easy to pop two pins, and grab another upper.