• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dpms trigger

joshua2427

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2012
minnesota
i have a dpms lr308 and i was looking for some suggestions on a new trigger and pricing. I'm extremely dissapointed with the factory trigger and im looking to get a new one thanks

Re: dpms trigger

I put a RRA National Match 2-stage trigger in mine (after having a Timney I didn't like) and it is a great trigger. I think they are around $100.

wow thats not bad im real new to ar rifles (3 months) and have only had mine apart to clean it. Is a trigger fairly easy to change myself or should i bring it to a dealer? i was told by a buddy to leave the trigger alone because they can be very picky

I thought it was fairly easy and I didn't have any issues - YMMV. You do need to make sure the trigger functions properly and that the safety works after replacing the trigger.

I changed the trigger in my M&P and it was a case of pushing two pins and reinstalling the new trigger. Very simple. Study how your present trigger and springs fit directionaly, and just place the new ones in the same way.

I too have a DPMS trigger in one of my ARs and it is the worst trigger I've ever felt in any AR-15.

My favorite is the Geissele SD-E, but those are about $225.

Most non-adjustable triggers are easy enough to install. Adjustable triggers can be finicky. As supermag99 advises, check trigger and safety function with rifle empty before going to range.

I have the same rifle and Put a Chip McCormick in mine with the flat blad trigger, I had the RRA in mine but this one is amazing, very crisp and clean break and it is one unit and drops right in with the two pins. It was under 200, I think it was around 180.

i was also wondering if i should go with an adjustable trigger or not. or if a two stage is all i need. i have been shooting between 200-500 yards but would like to extend that. I got a trijicon accupoint 5-20x50 mildot scope so I dont think extending my range should be to big of a problem with a new trigger and possibbly a stock also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshua2427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone had any experience with the jp triggers? </div></div>

i have one in my dpms lr 308 and its been great thus far. i ordered mine with some options already done and the jp trigger was one of those so i have no experience on installing it but looking at the instructions it seemed relatively easy. Think it came with a dvd too. Im sure you can find youtube videos on install.

while I know these types of guns are never "done", i slid on the one last piece for now that I was wanting pretty badly. magpul prs stock. that was a super easy install (had the a2 on it).

my setup:
dpms lr 308 with the stainless 24" bull barrel
jp trigger
vented handguard
A4 upper with dust cover and fwd assist
quick release leupold base/rings
leupold vx3l 6.5-20x56 (eventually will put this back on a "hunting rifle" and put a more tactical scope on but its been flawless on this firearm so far
magpul prs
smithwork:
cut barrel to 18" and install JP bennie cooley muzzle brake

these guns are fun
smile.gif

good luck with your trigger. from what i hear, the stock trigger is "like dragging a 10lb block through gravel" so im sure any upgrade will bring smiles.

im not sure if the triggers are the same from an ar10-15 but i know that dpms lists a different part number for the 308 than the 223. ive heard the triggers have to be for a 308 if that helps any.

what youve heard is right!!! the stock trigger in my opinion is the worst trigger ive ever pulled back in my life on any gun

According to Geissele, their triggers will work in both 15's and 308's. I don't know if that is true of all brands or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshua2427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone had any experience with the jp triggers? </div></div>

Yes, I have one on my DPMS SASS and it is great as it cam e out of the box. No creep or over travel and breaks about 4 lbs. It can be adjusted lower but I like it just as it is.

http://www.algdefense.com/
company owned by Geisselle's wife, no less.
I haven't tried one, but heard only good things about it.

I have 2 2-stage triggers, 1 RRA and 1 Armalite. Both very good results.

I polished all my other AR triggers with fair results.

And yes, MOST, if not all, AR10 types use the standard AR15 trigger. The "AR10's" are brand-specific in many parts and magazines. They are not all standardized like AR15's.

I installed two Geissle triggers recently. One in a Remington R25 and one in a standard DPMS. Geissle part number was the same for both. The R25 was a little more difficult.

I got a dpms lower parts kit just till I got my Geissele DMR trigger. It feels like the trigger is sliding back on gravel. Pretty much any of the Geissele triggers you will be more than happy with. I would suggest the High speed DMR, the up side is it may be more costly but in the future if you find yourself wanting to go up or down in pull weight you can easily do so with a spring set swap.