• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dracos .308 build and pics

Rade1MOA

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2010
Twiggs County Ga
So here is the result of my en devour to create a precision patrol rifle. I was wanting something handy enough to fight with but accurate enough to make precision shots if duty calls.
Specs are as follows:

Dracos 18 inch .308
Falkor Defense BGC with adjustable gas key
Aero M5 receiver set
UTG Pro Slim 13 inch rail
Magpul carbine stock
MOE grip
Velocity single stage trigger at 4#, I believe
Vortex Strike Easgle 1-8 and an ADM mount
Silencerco brake for an Omega
Vickers Sling

I will say that the M5 receiver set was very easy to build and has a set screw in the bottom of the lower to reduce the play between the upper and lower. The lower also has threaded holes for the bolt catch lever. You screw in a Allen head screw instead of having to use a role pin. The take down pins also use a different style detent set up that is much easier to install.

The Dracos barrel is awesome. The gas block is dovetailed into the barrel and taps out to install the barrel nut. Then tap it back into place and screw it down using the three supplied screws. EASY! No trying to align the gas port with the block and no spacing issues.

Gas system: The BCG is adjustable with an allen wrench and the gas block is adjustable as well. You can tune the gun with the bcg to ensure optimum pressure at the bcg. Then adjust the gas block for suppressed shooting.

The rifle is well balanced and not to heavy at all. It points and swings well and doesn't feel like a big heavy .308.

I haven't shot any 100 yard groups but the 50 yd break in group have all been pretty close to one hole groups.

24774743_10213082066158034_2058600409004413757_n.jpg

24785126_10213082019316863_6138704996303770069_o.jpg

How did I know someone was going to ask about weight?

I haven't weighed it. To me it doesn't matter, I'm not hiking it up and down mountains and it doesn't feel like a cinder block.

Good looking stick! That range looks real nice also.......LOL!

Let us know what happens if you ever wear out the barrel, would love to know the round count way down the road considering they claim 5x barrel life.

Yes please keep us updated, and do you have and pics of how she's grouping??

Falkor Defense has really set the bar with a barrel that is not only easily SUB MOA, but has a life time guarantee...

I just ordered one of their blemished 6 Creed barrels. I was on the fence about running a barrel burning caliber in a semi-auto, but with a lifetime guarantee, I'm all in. I also shot a couple of their complete rifles at Team Safari in 2016 and was impressed.

Let us know how she shoots.

EDIT: Would you mind posting the OD of the barrel? I need to make sure my current rail will be compatible.

Last edited:
A lot of them. Most have to be approved by the Brass and Firearms Instructors. Since I have the brass and I'm the Firearms guy....I'm good. It is in our policy and approved by our city council.

A lot of them. Most have to be approved by the Brass and Firearms Instructors. Since I have the brass and I'm the Firearms guy....I'm good. It is in our policy and approved by our city council.

A reasonable brass and city council, you sir are blessed beyond belief, never leave

I picked up a 6 creedmoor too. All their large frame barrels are 30mm in diameter. Now if only Seekins would make his flat bottom rail for the LR308 platform..