• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Drag bag or Eberlestock bag??

Punisher3

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2013
Montross, Virginia
Ok, I'm looking for one of the two. I can't make my mind up if I want to go with a drag bag, or the Eberlestock.

-Eberlestock G4 Operator: Eberlestock G4 Operator* NSN* 8465-01-571-0495

That is obviously a sweet bag! I love pockets and smaller pouches to put my little gadgets like PDA, Kestrel, etc. They tend to get a little heavy with all of my range gear and ammo. However, they are really functional and great for the field.

-Drag Bag: US Peacekeeper Drag Bag 62" OD Green | eBay

If I went with a drag bag, I want it to be functional - similar to this one. Is has decent storage areas to carry my spotting scope, couple boxes of ammo, and the little things. This is cheaper, but I'm not sure if it would be as functional as the Eberlestock.

SO, with that being said, what are you guys using? What do you like better? Or would you recommend something completely different? Let me know what you guys think!

Paden

What are you gonna be using it for? Just from the safe to your truck to your range? Or carrying around and riding with all the time? Buy both. I have both and I find myself using my eberlestock almost exclusively.

Both.

I have a Tac Ops and its great for carrying my heavy ass LMT MWS. This rifle is scoped with a 25X so I have no need to carry my spotter to the range.

My M4 sized AR gets lost in the Tac Ops dragger. If I want to see .22 shot holes I will need my spotter/stand. I want an Eberlestock Gunslinger to carry the spotter and rifle in a manner that doesnt have the Kowa banging off the rifle.

I agree with Jordan. A drag bag is just that, for hauling just your weapon behind you with minimal gear, not the kitchen sink. If you want to carry more than just the bare essentials then go with the ruck, as you will inevitably need more than can fit in a drag bag at some point, plus a ruck will ride better over distance with a load than a drag bag with shoulder straps.

What are you gonna be using it for? Just from the safe to your truck to your range? Or carrying around and riding with all the time? Buy both. I have both and I find myself using my eberlestock almost exclusively.

Yeah a little bit of both man. And its a JEEP, not a truck! lol But seriously, good advice. I guess I was just trying to talk myself out of getting both. Guess I'll just buck up or shut up.

BTW - Do you know a Matt Orth?

Both.

I have a Tac Ops and its great for carrying my heavy ass LMT MWS. This rifle is scoped with a 25X so I have no need to carry my spotter to the range.

My M4 sized AR gets lost in the Tac Ops dragger. If I want to see .22 shot holes I will need my spotter/stand. I want an Eberlestock Gunslinger to carry the spotter and rifle in a manner that doesnt have the Kowa banging off the rifle.

I will need my spotting scope at times being that I operate in a team quite often and need the additional magnification. So she goes where I go. Good point though - those tiny holes are difficult to see a lot of times!

I ran with a Eberlestock sniper sled drag bag for two years in matches, it is the version that has the same pack straps as their packs, and it had storage pouches. I since went to the G4 Operator which is as good as a pack gets for packing a lot of gear and rifle, and still be comfortable. With the drag bag, I would still need to carry my ALICE pack for extra gear, the G4 can carry all my gear and some. The bag is still nice to have to take to the range or casual field shoot where the pack isn't necessary.

You could always get the Eberlestock G3 Phantom which is a pack and detachable drag bag
Kirk R

Last edited:
You could always get the Eberlestock G3 Phantom which is a pack and detachable drag bag
Kirk R

I considered that, but I'm a fan of the smaller pockets on the outside of the G4...I know..I'm just being picky lol. I have a smaller shooting pack that I helped design and It's awesome for everything except carrying the rifle....bc it doesn't do that lol. So i'm looking to upgrade.

I think the G4 is one of the best on the market. I did a lot of research before purchasing one, as well as using the sniper sled AND a Gunslinger for a few years before switching the the G4. The only problem is I often end up trying to pack too much shit in it, just because you can.

Haha I totally agree. I've used one before for work and I had so much shit in there I could barely haul it around. However, I don't have near the amount of gear that "work" issued me, so I think I would be ok!

I think the G4 is one of the best on the market. I did a lot of research before purchasing one, as well as using the sniper sled AND a Gunslinger for a few years before switching the the G4. The only problem is I often end up trying to pack too much shit in it, just because you can.

Based on what I'm reading, I think the G4 Operator would be a solid performer. It is a big pack, but you will have numerous configuration options to help fulfill your various needs/applications. Give it a try, I'd be happy to hook you up with one.

Get the G4. Just be smart and don't over pack. When you need to travel over pack to get where you want to get and dump out what you don't need at hotel or vehicle or whatever.

I have used Eberlestock packs since Gen 1 and I still do. I took the scabbard off the gunslinger and I use the pack as my carry on when I fly.

You will be happy with the Eberlestock

Eberlestock from ceylonc. We have stacks of eagle drag bags that nobody uses anymore since we went tp the G2 and lowdrag (I think that's what they're called). Unles you are doing a lot of crawling on your belly (which I avoid at all cost), the eberlestock is much more convenient. Just don't stuff it full of crap you "may eventually need."

Gunslinger II is what I use for matches and hunting. I usually sling the rifle for both, and can carry enough in the pack to leave camp in the dark, and get back in the dark (gear, food, and water included). So the packs these guys are mentioning will probably work well for your missions since they'll have more room to get you out and back for longer than one day. Eberlestocks are heavy empty, but that's because they're built like a dozer. Two years of hard use and I havn't damaged anything.

go G4 I do some hiking and shooting in the national forest and can carry every thing spotting scope/tripod/rifle(ect)

Thank everyone for the feedback! I'll probably end up going with both, but I'm going to purchase the G4 first. I figure I'll just use the drag bag for range days where I can just pull up close to where I'm going to be shooting. I'll get the bag from Ceylon . Thanks for all the input! Stay safe!

Paden

What about F4 Terminator plus A4SS scabbard?? I use it and this is very comfortable solution.

My X3 Lowdrag has a handle on its side to carry like a drag bag when not on my shoulders. My pack does everything I need it to. I gave my cheap drag bag to my 6yr old boy to put his airsoft rifle in. I don't have to move my gear from one bag to another when I'm going from the range to the mountains or vice versa.

Ceylon is GTG, he's taken a good chunk of change from me for great gear.