• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Dragon Tattoo

Re: Dragon Tattoo

I have heard from many friends that "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is a great movie. Maybe I'll Redbox it this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not really liked things Vampirish since Salem's Lot.

Speaking of which, I have not really liked things Kingish since I read a great novel with superb character development and over 1,000 pages about a clown living in the gutter that turned out to be a giant spider living under the city after crashing in a meteor. I remember throwing that book against the wall.

His book on writing though should be on your shelf. </div></div>

I've really had a hart time stomaching most of those books. I did give them a valiant effort, but found that he usually just doesn't see it through.

However, the gunslinger series I really enjoyed. Concept aside without question his finest writing.

As far as the vampire story goes it's really just a setting for a classical revenge story between children. The atmosphere is really what sells the movie. Scared people dying in the quiet snow are something I relate to, because I imagine that dying in the cold snow in absolute silence would be the ideal way to go. Probably why I enjoyed that movie so much.

I'll be watching the film you originally posted about before to terribly long, and will go ahead and pass on the Americanized version. That just never works out.

Read the Mellinium Trilogy in a week
Captivating and great story...
they are to remake the First Movie in USA english.

Read the books, saw the first movie and than got my hands on the miniseries they made.

It was on French TV last spring, 6 episodes of 90 minutes.
Basically a "director cut" of the movies.

The direct story of Lisbeth and Michael is pretty much what you read in the book.
My only disappointment was the part about the brother, should of expanded a little.

Naomi Rapace did a great job and I am very curious to see if they will pull it off in Hollyweird.

I loved the fact that it was very different read and very well made into a movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The WIN was that Lisbeth was always someone the reader craved to know more and she was of a complexity that opposed this to her core....</div></div>

So true, I never got hooked on a character like that before.
Wanting to know more about who she was and what made her tic.

Too bad the writer died, will never know how she move on...

I know with this success, they 'll try to find another writer to milk the cow, but I doubt it will be the same

PS; By different read , I mean a "flavor" that I hadn't experience before.

Have not read the books but enjoyed the first two movies of the series. Looking forward to the seeing the third. I see no reason in remaking the films in the US.

I enjoyed the film version of the first book so I read the next two.
The second film was very disappointing, but the books were engrossing from cover to cover.

I'll also second Couragewolf's endorsement of Let the Right One In.
There's a equel due out soon BTW.