• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drake Stalker Just Arrived

sandwalk3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Kentucky
I ordered this in March for my 30th birthday and sold several rifles to cover it. I really wasn't prepared for just how awesome this rifle feels.

I'm a really tall guy, so I was attracted to the CADEX chassis. It already fits like a glove for LOP, and comb height.

The Rangemaster action so far seems great, though I haven't ever worked with a quad lug. Feels great dry firing.

I know they did me a solid with a barrel upgrade, which was a welcome addition to the build. I've never had this heavy a barrel on a rifle, but heavy is fine with me.

The trigger is something I already love from dry firing. I was used to a "if you breathe on it, the trigger will pull"-adjusted Jewell trigger. This trigger feels more overall solid and under control.

I haven't had a chance yet to take it to the range. And it's going to be a good while before I put some respectable glass on it. But I couldn't be more happy with the purchase thus far. Obviously range performance is the final test of a rifle, but I'm really happy with it.

Chris was great to work with. Two thumbs up. This thing is built like a tank. Totally worth the wait.

Now for the Thunder Beast can, an Atlas, a good scope and enough cash to someday pay for a TNVC clip-on!!

Just ordered mine right before thanksgiving....glad to hear you are happy...can't wait

Wow, beautiful rifle. That action looks slick, wonder if they will ever sell it separately for custom builds or sell barreled actions.

Killer lookin' rifle! Caliber? I don't know much about Drake so I'd love to hear a range report when you get her all set up.

[MENTION=65389]mtorment[/MENTION], you won't be disappointed. I think the barrel supply in general is becoming easier for everyone. Regardless, it is worth the wait.
[MENTION=6276]scatsob[/MENTION], it is a RPA range master action, so it is sold separately. They have bent the bolt a to fit the folding chassis, so it's not identical on the manufacturer's site. RPA Actions | Rangemaster Precision Arms
[MENTION=23408]jonthomps[/MENTION] is is in .308

Range report:

I finally got a chance to fire a few rounds through it. I sold my glass to buy this, so I only have a Vortex 1-4x on some LaRue QD rings at my disposal.

Conditions:

Range: 50yds
168gr SMK loads
Low late afternoon light
Overcast
Negligible wind
55 F temp
47% humidity

Got my initial sighting by removing the bolt and looking down the bore to get my optics in the ballpark. 2 shots to get my bearings. Made adjustments to my turrets. Next shot was less than an eighth of an inch from my POA (the reticle has a 0.5 MOA dot in the center), followed by a second that was 0.18" away (0.36 MOA).

General notes:

The sight height is higher than most, so scope cant is definitely something to look out for. A good bubble level will help. I don't have one yet and used a level tool.

Chassis fit is amazing.

The rifle is a heavy mofo, but the weight and muzzle brake make recoil negligible.

I can't say this report comes from using a 20 or 25x scope on good light. And I'm really rusty. But my 2-shot groups were fantastic. 1.8" and 2.2" groups respectively @ 50 yds.

I am incredibly pleased.

Saldwalk3r -
It was a pleasure to do business with you I am so glad to hear how pleased you are with that rifle! Please feel free to send me photos of you and your rifle and I will post them on our blog for you as well.
Also I know your buddies that commented had a few questions about the system - the barrel on that rifle is 5R rifling .308 cal, match chamber.
All the best!

Range report ;
308 168 gr Fed Gold match . alt. 1200 ft . 15 F. 5 mph wind .
100 yrds sub .5"
200 yrds same
300 out to 537 yrds .75" to 1" groups .
These are on my first day with a 26" satern barrel 1-10 twist RPA quadlite /quadlock trigger / action .
bolt lift is heavy and to be expected with RPA set up .
IMHO this rifle is as good as it gets . trigger is CRISP! 20131130_160458.jpg20131130_160458.jpg20131130_155847 (2).jpg

forgot to add ,this was what put a smile on my face , 393 yrds two shots

20131130_154942.jpg20131130_154942.jpg
Range report ;
308 168 gr Fed Gold match . alt. 1200 ft . 15 F. 5 mph wind .
100 yrds sub .5"
200 yrds same
300 out to 537 yrds .75" to 1" groups .
These are on my first day with a 26" satern barrel 1-10 twist RPA quadlite /quadlock trigger / action .
bolt lift is heavy and to be expected with RPA set up .
IMHO this rifle is as good as it gets . trigger is CRISP! View attachment 22775View attachment 22775View attachment 22776

Very nice.

Chris, what's the current lead time on a 300 win mag?