• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Driving me CRAZY!!

branct06

KOPFJAGER
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
High Point N.C.
Ok guys I know this has been brought up a couple of hundred times but I'm still going to post about it...

I am shooting a Sightron SIII on one of my .308's and have leveled the optic to the rifle using levels and mounted a bubble level on same. When I get behind the rifle and hold the rifle to where the permanent level is straight my reticle is crooked. I got so anal to the point to where I leveled the cross hairs to the rifle using light through the scope in a dark room and a hung a straight line on the wall aligning the shadow of the reticle with the straight line. (did this in case the turrets weren't level with reticle for some reason). I'm a right handed shooter and the reticle appears canted counter clockwise a few degrees, I know this can happen just because of the position of my eye to the reticle when I'm behind the optic, please help my sanity and reasure me that this is my issue and not equipment, (The old its the Indian not the arrow).

Update, thanks to the folding stock on my AIAX I was able to get directly behind the optic and the reticle looks straight, now how do I fix this optical issue when shooting the rifle?

I have the same problem. I have high cheekbones requiring a high cheekpiece, with makes me tilt my head onto the stock. And the reticle looks canted.

I fixed it be accepting the fact that it just "looks" canted. But it isn't. Trust gravity..

Reactions: branct06
I have the same problem. I have high cheekbones requiring a high cheekpiece, with makes me tilt my head onto the stock. And the reticle looks canted.

I fixed it be accepting the fact that it just "looks" canted. But it isn't. Trust gravity..

I went out to the range shortly after I posted this thread and was shooting same hole groups at 100, .5 moa at 200 and 300 with trusting the equipment, I learned moral of the story, if you have quality training and equipment trust it even if sometimes it doesnt feel right...

Reactions: Birddog6424
Hahaha... man, this shit drives me insane too!

I got the Arisaka optic leveller and my life is good again!

I mounted an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 in some low leupold rings on a picatinny rail that had just enough clearance to use the leveller. It took 30 seconds and it was perfect.

I went out to the range shortly after I posted this thread and was shooting same hole groups at 100, .5 moa at 200 and 300 with trusting the equipment, I learned moral of the story, if you have quality training and equipment trust it even if sometimes it doesnt feel right...

Amen..

And oddly enough, I've gotten used to it. Canted is the new level...