• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing dropped my tikka bolt. totally unusable now

cruze5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Kentucky
as you can see the bolt handle is rotated down. the firing pin is stuck in the fire position. i have tried for 30 minutes by hand to fix this as i don't have any tools with me. does anyone know if this can be fixed and how?

i can not put the bolt back in the gun because the shroud is in the way

Attachments

• photo59360.jpg
    photo59360.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
Can you come up with a simple pair of pliers and a leather belt?

I used some paracord and pulled it back and was able to fix this... hopefully the fireing pin is fine

Catch the bottom of the striker on the edge of the bench and push down, now imobilize the bolt shroud with the other hand, and rotate the bolt body to the cocked position and release.

That tool from Sterk is amazing (like his bolt handle). I will be buying one ASAP.

take a pair of pliers with the jaws wrapped in electrical tape. Grab the cocking indicator, pull and rotate counter clockwise. I did this same thing to my tikka bolt

That tool came with my Sporter. I don't know if it comes with other models. Didn't get one with my Lite I bought but that was used.