• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSArms Polymer Mags

Son of Dorn

Castellan
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2019
Hi y'all.

Anyone have reports on how the newer-gen polymer FAL mags from DSArms function? I keep seeing stuff on reddit etc that they work poorly but nobody ever says why or how, just "Junk, don't use." Considering there are a couple different generations of their mags, that doesn't exactly help when they don't say which gen.

Arfcom doesn't seem to have a lot of info, and you'd think FAL Files would but either I'm just not up to my google-fu or they don't. Surplus mags seem to have dried up and I don't know of anyone making them new, so those polymers look a bit tempting buuut...

S.o.D

SOD, have you tried the DSA or any polymer FAL mags to see how they work? I recently purchased a Keltec RFB that uses metric FAL mags thinking surplus were plentiful and inexpensive only to find they are now hard to find and expensive. If polymer works I’ll buy some however I prefer metal mags.

SOD, have you tried the DSA or any polymer FAL mags to see how they work? I recently purchased a Keltec RFB that uses metric FAL mags thinking surplus were plentiful and inexpensive only to find they are now hard to find and expensive. If polymer works I’ll buy some however I prefer metal mags.
I have no FAL, ergo I have no mags. I was going to consider ordering a rifle from DSA but the only mags they list on the site as being in stock are their polymers. So I wanted to try and get some feedback before I committed.

As you say, metric mags are now apparently a lot scarcer than they were in the past. Nobody seems to make good ones and the poly ones seem iffy at best. So any rifle from DSA is on indefinite hold until I can figure on mags. Looks like that Bundeswehr DMR-inspired PTR-91 is back on the table, personally.

I would not have purchased the Keltec had I know metal mags were scarce and expensive. I prefer metal over polymer. I’m hoping surplus mags return to the market.

I called Keltec and they are using Pro Mags for their rifles. I would think they are reliable if that’s what they recommend.

I'm shocked to hear that metric FAL mags dried up. When I was big into that DIY scene, it was easy to find brand-new ones in the original wrapper for $10/each, and used ones in good condition were usually $5/each.

Since virtually no one is shooting a 7.62x51 rifle frequently enough to wear them out, I gotta imagine there's a large number sitting on shelves of Boomer preppers just waiting for the right moment to get turned into battlefield drops.

I would not have purchased the Keltec had I know metal mags were scarce and expensive. I prefer metal over polymer. I’m hoping surplus mags return to the market.

I called Keltec and they are using Pro Mags for their rifles. I would think they are reliable if that’s what they recommend.
I always thought ProMag had one of the worst reputations in the magazine world. Certainly for pistol mags, I've never seen anything good.

A video on youtube by The FAL Guy shows the DSA polymers being about on par with Moses Mag (which have ceased production and dried up), with his consideration that the DSA ones would be fine as a range mag. It just seems to be hard to find a lot of info about them, I suppose because people don't want them when they have their metal metrics.

I'm shocked to hear that metric FAL mags dried up. When I was big into that DIY scene, it was easy to find brand-new ones in the original wrapper for $10/each, and used ones in good condition were usually $5/each.

Since virtually no one is shooting a 7.62x51 rifle frequently enough to wear them out, I gotta imagine there's a large number sitting on shelves of Boomer preppers just waiting for the right moment to get turned into battlefield drops.
See I thought they were still quite plentiful too. A couple of years ago I'd have said that they were still out there for decent prices in decent numbers. Saw them all over the place. But now they seem to be nowhere to be found for a tolerable price in any quantity, even the crappy ones with dents and rust. That's not to say you can't find them on Gunbroker etc but you get people asking $160 for a pair of avg condition ones.

Im finding used surplus metal mags are $45 and up. I was shocked to learn any metal mag supply has dried up, I was think I could grab new, unused surplus for $10 each. Looks like those days are gone along with the $80 SKS’s.

Im finding used surplus metal mags are $45 and up. I was shocked to learn any metal mag supply has dried up, I was think I could grab new, unused surplus for $10 each. Looks like those days are gone along with the $80 SKS’s.
I still feel like there were surplus for maybe $20-25 not that long ago. But the only cheap surplus 7.62x51s now are the G3, and even those aren't AS cheap as they used to be.