• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DSLR camera lens adapter for PVS-14?

Pablo_Escobar

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2014
Is is possible to attach a DSLR camera lens to a PVS-14? If so, who might sell such an adapter?

Modarmory sells an adapter that goes from a PVS eyepiece to any lens with a 46mm thread. Astronomy people might know of other options.

I have a suspicion that one of the spotting scope adapters from Phone Skope might work. I'll need to try it. It is for cell phones though, not dedicated cameras.

They do advertise some sort of an adapter specific to PVS-14, but their website is nucking futs, so I would suggest contacting them with questions before pulling the trigger on anything.

ILya

Reactions: Pablo_Escobar
Check with Victor at TNVC. I know he does or did a lot of astronomy with NV and I believe some pictures of that. Someone else had posted some pretty incredible pictures up on here of NV images.

I had bought some camera adapters (came in a kit of various sizes but was meant for my 50mm 1.8f prime Nikor lens) for my spotting scope (I need to find them) if I remember correctly.. I wonder if any of those would fit my 14.

Reactions: Pablo_Escobar
Thinking about it, Leupold made the kit of digital camera adapters for their spotting scope. I still haven't found my old kit.