• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA Covert and S&B 3-20

HT0317

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2012
29 Palms CA
I've been looking into getting a 308 covert conversion kit for my DTA for a while now, my concern is that my 3-20 S&B will hang in front of the muzzle and possibly be damaged by the muzzle blast. Does anybody have any experience with this? I also have a honeycomb on the scope, do you think it would offer any protection? Thanks for your time.

Friend of mine broke the seal around the glass on his Leupold, now the S&B is tougher, but I wouldn't risk it on a $3600 scope.

My 5x25x hangs over the handguard ever so slightly with the 4" sunshade ARD, putting it flush with the end of the brake - no problems so far. It might be a different story if it was a .338LM.

What do you guys use the anti reflective devices for? I'm assuming you're not shooting at anything that's going to shoot back and it seems to me it's going to block light transmission. I don't want to hijack the thread. I'm just curious.

Military, can't up and move. I'm using an ARD because I got it for free, and it provides a little protection. Light transmission isn't too much of an issue where and when I shoot.