• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA or Custom Build

I have a DTA and a Gap in a Aics. The gap is smoother and mag changes are easier. And it is nice to shoot prone.
But for any kind of positional or off hand shooting the DTA wins hands down. A lot easier to carry too. Great trigger too.

The DTA and a POF Ar have made most of my guns into safe queens. Handy is a good thing.

I have a gap hospitaller in .308 me and a friend both shot 300-1000 yards last weekend. He could hit everything I could hit with his 5r mil spec. So there ya have it. My gun is heavy next build I'm definitely going a lot lighter. All I hear is the bad about the 6 and 6.5 creedmoor, shoot great but the brass sucks. I like my friends .260 but he can only get a few loads out of lapua brass too. Sac, bean land, crescent customs are some good shops. I am very happy with my gap

Never have had the chance to shoot a DTA. Has any DTA owner had a case separation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Hospitaller. I shot GAP an RFQ because there are a few things I wanted them to quote. I would like an EFR, GAP Camo, flush cups, etc.

I have a 5R mil-spec in .300 WM that shoots very well but want to focus on .308.

If you're looking to get in to shooting PRS type matches, look what types of rifles those guys are shooting. There's a thread that shows what equipment is used broken down by component posted somewhere on here. I don't recall seeing a single DTA on the list.

There were 4 guys that qualified for the PRS finale this year that were running DTA rifles. Not having 10 round mags is also a big handicap. Not having a 10 round mag cost me dearly in a few matches. I actually ended up selling my SRS earlier this week and was about to switch to an AI for shooting matches. I received an email from Nick Young the owner of DT yesterday telling me that the 10 rd mags will be here soon.

The SRS is a fantastic platform for PRS, the only thing it is lacking is a 10 round mag. The SRS is so much easier getting in/out and going around barricades. It is much easier to shoot unsupported and the monopod is a fantastic feature.

I am an FFL and carry AI and DT rifles along with numerous other companies. For those thinking about an SRS, I am offering a free fitted hard case ($450 value) on new SRS orders while supplies last, which will not be much longer.

Last edited:
I just picked up my new SRS A1 this afternoon. I had been shooting an older SRS for some time and up and sold it earlier this week as I was determined to run a rifle with 10 rd mags this coming season, as not having 10 round mags cost me big at a couple matches. After hearing from Nick regarding the 10 rounders, I decided to keep one of the rifles I picked up from Desert Tech (Desert Tech's facility is 10 minutes from me in Salt Lake City, UT) for my match rifle.

It was kind of like Christmas today.

I just picked up my new SRS A1 this afternoon. I had been shooting an older SRS for some time and up and sold it earlier this week as I was determined to run a rifle with 10 rd mags this coming season, as not having 10 round mags cost me big at a couple matches. After hearing from Nick regarding the 10 rounders, I decided to keep one of the rifles I picked up from Desert Tech (Desert Tech's facility is 10 minutes from me in Salt Lake City, UT) for my match rifle.

It was kind of like Christmas today.

NICE!! Are still getting an AXMC though?

Go big with the PSR. Only a handful out of 100 left.....

I'd love to if my pocket book could handle it. I just don't shoot .338 LM that much. If I still have my DT SRS, I can't see needing another .338.