• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos DTA SRS CASE

mcflury

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2008
florida tampa
Here is the final product of a DTA SRS case. I created the foam cutout in CAD then had a local foam design company CNC cut it out.

url]

Re: DTA SRS CASE

Have not tested this setup yet but I have another ADM mount on an Ar50 that always returns to zero just as long as you place it in the same spot on the rail

very nice, the DTA factory supplied case is very similar

Looks great, but why not arrange it so that the scope can stay attached. You will have to re-zero your rifle every time you shoot it.
Also, the DTA system is designed to work with their scope mount. The height of their mount is engineered so that you can easily achieve a proper cheek weld. Is the adm mount the same height? For what its worth, I have had problems with an adm mount. The DTA has always worked perfectly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Looks great, but why not arrange it so that the scope can stay attached. You will have to re-zero your rifle every time you shoot it</span>.</div></div>

No, you don't. Like he said, as long as you put the mount back in the same place on the rail each time, there's no need for re-zeroing.

I have an NXS in the same mount on my POF and I never have to re-zero as long as I put the mount back in the same spot after I've taken it off.

<span style="font-weight: bold">McFlury</span>...that is an awesome case and setup you have there. Mind if I ask how much it cost to have the foam CNC cut? I could always use a hotwire cutter but I'd prefer to pay a little extra and have the foam cut professionally.

The place I used was called Foam by design in Pinellas Park Fl they were pretty cool and only charged me twenty dollars

"Looks great, but why not arrange it so that the scope can stay attached. You will have to re-zero your rifle every time you shoot it.
Also, the DTA system is designed to work with their scope mount. The height of their mount is engineered so that you can easily achieve a proper cheek weld. Is the adm mount the same height? For what its worth, I have had problems with an adm mount. The DTA has always worked perfectly."

What kind of problems did you have ? I choose the ADM since these scopes pull double duty on different rigs. I believe the adm is 1.47 and the dta rear is 1.5 and front 1.47 something

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The place I used was called Foam by design in Pinellas Park Fl they were pretty cool and only charged me twenty dollars </div></div>

Thanks for the info. I sent them an email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"
What kind of problems did you have ? I choose the ADM since these scopes pull double duty on different rigs. I believe the adm is 1.47 and the dta rear is 1.5 and front 1.47 something </div></div>

It was like the the rings weren't parallel- they would stress the scope and bind the mag ring. They also wouldn't hold the scope under recoil even when I over torqued the rings. But, look, I seem to have problems with everything that I f'n buy. I think that most people love their ADM mounts. I will say that I thought their pic rail attachment method worked really well, and I'm not too surprised that you are having good luck with it returning to zero. I'm just too anal to fully trust it. If I was going hunting I would feel the need to hit the range to confirm zero before hitting the blind.

enjoy

A good alternative to buying DTA's $300 Soft case is the 5.11 42" Double rifle case. I have been very impressed by mine and it only cost me $90 on expresspolicesupply.com. That is a nice looking hard case though!