• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS covert case recommendation

Re: DTA SRS covert case recommendation

I find the cases (hard and soft) that DTA sells, both well-made and convenient - so I use them with my full-size SRS (and assume it would be the same for Covert). Of course, they're costly.

If you decide to go with a hard case, I have my Covert in a Pelican 1720 (a 1700 will also work and is a bit shorter OAL). One of these will cost you slightly above or just under $200.00 with foam, depending on which one. Cutting the foam is easy. This will save you between $80.00 and $200.00 for a similar case from DTA, except that their foam will already be cut; probably a lot more precisely than I was able to do at home. However, I'm not too picky about the cut of the foam.

If you would like a custom cut foam pelican (your choice of foam density and color, ect.), send me a PM. They are costly, but it will fit your gun like a glove. They have some pricey machinery that does all the cutting. Best part... they're local!

Which case to use, depends on application:

Pelican case excellent protection for transport, if shipping or carrying on airlines but heavy.

Soft case like DTA models some protection for transport by you to and from range. can carry in field, the shoulder straps help carry the load which can get heavy with extra barrels, accessories, suppressor etc and is a shooting mat.

Musical instrument case soft type ( with shoulder straps and or (stickers Dixie Chicks, Obama, Support live Music) can be carried with out causing a fuss with general population, offers protection some water resistance can be used as partial shooting mat.

I use all three.

LWRC Inc. Guitar case fits my full size SRS.

I agree with Unsichtbar.

If you go ahead and use a pelican or other like case, everyone will stare at you and cops might become interested in you.

If you are a bit creative and have the time, you may want to go shopping for a bag to fit your needs. If you'll be in the urban jungle, you may not want to scream tactical with camo, tan, olive, etc. Many bags made of quality materials may be modified to suit your needs just as much as an expensive tactical bag without screaming, "I'm a lead Farmer!"

I've carried my Pelican cases pretty much everywhere...range, airport, etc. Never had a problem. But they <span style="font-style: italic">are</span> heavy.

I am not after being discreet or trying to hide the rifle; I'm just after the practicality of the case.
The Pelican 1700 is unnecessary long: it is about 36" long inside. Covert is about 27" long without the can. That makes the Pelican 1700 9" too cumbersome.
I could not find either a hard or soft case about 27" long to match the rifle perfectly.

You're definitely right about the length. However, I had the muzzle brake on mine when I originally purchased the case, so it was ~28 3/4" long, which gave me a couple inches of foam padding at either end of the rifle. I have since removed the brake and the case is longer than it needs to be.

Old thread here but i thought I'd throw in my experience...
I'm a new SRS Covert owner and super stoked with the rifle. I thought a pricey deal like this deserves the combo case, soft for packing on the trail and hard case for traveling and to the range. I thought the $465 was a bit high, but its a custom purpose built bag for the rifle and the case will be purpose built with custom foam like I've seen on some sites, firing the rifle like a soft glove, right?
I purchased thru www.scopelist.com since they had the only one in stock. I got it and jeez, $465 for a nice soft case, and a hard case with no foam. None. The soft case by itself is expensive, but at this point it's silly to pay so much for an empty case!
Still want a custom fit hard case, so will perhaps look into Pelican, as they used to offer foam that was easily shaped to particular shapes.

I like the DTA soft case, if you were using a 16" barrel it is a perfect fit and if you are using a longer barrel you can break down and carry in the barrel sleeve. I also have a few cases from Elite Survival and think they are very nice, especially for the price when compared to tacops and the like which I also have. This one in size 3 looks like it would suit your needs.

https://www.elitesurvival.com/rifle-cases/assault-systems-assault-rifle-cases-by-elite/

I'm running a SERT case. The bolt has to be removed because of the case thickness but it's not a big deal since the pad comes off so easily. It's one of the better made cases I have owned.

Soft case I run a Triad Precision rifle Case
holds 2 barrel conversions and I have 6 magazines .
Plenty of space