• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS - Custom Paint Recommendations?

Bret-99

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Love my DTA SRS. My 12-year old wants his own and I'll do whatever it takes to keep him engaged. His major requirement is a custom camo job. Any recommendations? Anything local to So Texas?

Re: DTA SRS - Custom Paint Recommendations?

ME, but then again I am biased a bit
smile.gif

Example73.jpg

Example54.jpg

Example55.jpg

Check out Controlled Chaos Arms as well. http://www.controlledchaosarms.com/

Michael does some nice work and can do pretty much what you want. He goes by septic-tank13 here on the Hide.

ARPredatorHunter does very nice work. I now own the first DTA that he pictured and am very impressed with his work.

<span style="font-weight: bold">30 cal is the man…</span> If I didn’t paint my own stuff…
grin.gif

IMG_7428-4.jpg

IMG_7457-3.jpg

IMG_9239-2.jpg

IMG_9252-3.jpg

IMG_7262-7.jpg

IMG_9130-2.jpg

glock01-1-1.jpg

And why not something from the dark side too.. Haaa..

IMG_8221-1.jpg

Sorry I was just having some fun..

<span style="font-weight: bold">Seriously thou..</span> I would use 30 cal in a heart beat.. Here are 100+ pics of the man's work. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=882440#Post882440

Hope that helps..

Some nice rigs. Thanks for the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">30 cal is the man…</span> If I didn’t paint my own stuff…
grin.gif

IMG_7428-4.jpg

IMG_7457-3.jpg

hi ,
first you have such a beautiful paint on your DTA!
could you tell me please who makes the bipod on this rifle,it looks great

thanks

IMG_9239-2.jpg

IMG_9252-3.jpg

IMG_7262-7.jpg

IMG_9130-2.jpg

glock01-1-1.jpg

And why not something from the dark side too.. Haaa..

IMG_8221-1.jpg

Sorry I was just having some fun..

<span style="font-weight: bold">Seriously thou..</span> I would use 30 cal in a heart beat.. Here are 100+ pics of the man's work. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=882440#Post882440

Hope that helps..
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hi ,
first you have such a beautiful paint on your DTA!
could you tell me please who makes the bipod on this rifle,it looks great

thanks </div></div>

Thank you for the compliment bob, it’s actually a VLTOR bipod, I'm really happy with it.. Here a link to one if that helps

http://www.vltor.com/modpod.htm

Link

+1 for 30calsniper here on the hide

He did a manners t4 in multicam for me and I am sending him my DTA to do, also in multicam.

Thank you linkpimp for this info,
i'm looking for a bipod for my next rifle which would be a DTA in 300 wm,
first i looked at RND bipod but it's too expensive for me.
i look at vltor website and as their price is reasonnable can you tell me how does it work for you and in which conditions do you use it because i use all my rifle in the field not on a bench?

Thank you

Dimensions, AKA Jeromy Holmes.

I guarantee you he could keep your boy interested.

Patriot-210-4-1089.jpg

Just have your boy tell him what he wants. This guys attention to detail is about like some of the custom builders here on the Hide, spectacular. And he is amazing with his airbrush.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you linkpimp for this info,
i'm looking for a bipod for my next rifle which would be a DTA in 300 wm,
first i looked at RND bipod but it's too expensive for me.
i look at vltor website and as their price is reasonable can you tell me how does it work for you and in which conditions do you use it because i use all my rifle in the field not on a bench?

Thank you </div></div>

Well then your in luck my friend, that is a 300 win in the picture above. Love the rifle and round, you’ll be very, VERY happy with your setup..
I shoot F matches 600-1000 yards and I’ve even used it a tactical match once (lol) just see how it would work in the real world.. hahahaha not so good for those.. hahahaha.. but overall I’m happy with it.. The great thing I really liked about VLTOR bipods is there are garneted for year, full replacement if something goes wrong, well as long you have the receipt..
wink.gif
and IMO it also has the cool / different factor too, it not like everyone else’s and I like to be different, just look at my paint jobs, hahahaa..

Best of luck to you sir, you’re never going to regret your DTA purchase..

Link

OP..
I totally forgot about Jeromy.. my BAD…
30 cal or Jeromy H would be my top two reconditions on this site (for what it worth)

Link,

Hydro - my boy loves that paint example

Just MHO, but a boy who won't accept a free SRS unless it's been given a custom paint job needs more chores and fewer toys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just MHO, but a boy who won't accept a free SRS unless it's been given a custom paint job needs more chores and fewer toys. </div></div>

Agreed... spoiled.... lucky... I'm jealous lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IllogicalSix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hydro - my boy loves that paint example </div></div>

I still havent taken the time to get any good pictures in proper lighting. At least to the best of <span style="font-style: italic">my</span> abilities, nothing like what many guys here do.

At any rate, Jeromy absolutely will not disappoint, It is not just the artwork that is amazing, the overall quality of his paint jobs are simply phenomenal. It is just aesthetics obviously, but if you want your rifle to look unique, and still have effective camouflage Jeromy is your guy.

Patriotpics0225.jpg

Patriotpics0220.jpg

Patriotpics0217.jpg

Patriotpics021.jpg

Patriot-210-4-1061.jpg

Patriot-210-4-108.jpg

ETA- Here is the first one he did for me, a couple years ago. This was a McMillan A5 on a 22" GAP. I have seen this paint job mimicked a couple times since, but never seen it done as well.

skulls5.jpg

Hidefighter003.jpg

That gun better be a safe queen... that's a very good and unique paint job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: (pink)MiST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That gun better be a safe queen... that's a very good and unique paint job. </div></div>

If you are referring to mine, they are not safe queens. I mean, I keep them in a safe, but they go to the range most every weekend and I hunt with them.

But they arent abused by any means. Just have no need to do so. I tend to take care of my stuff. If I needed to beat on them, I suspect the ceracoat and duracoat would hold up as well as they do on any other weapon. If applied properly, it is quite durable.

That my friend is a gift from the MAN above.I have only airbrushed two times and once was on my Suhl benchrest stock.But I have painted and cleared a few.
blue1022011.jpg

blue1022010.jpg

Copy2ofblue1022003.jpg

blue1022001-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just MHO, but a boy who won't accept a free SRS unless it's been given a custom paint job needs more chores and fewer toys. </div></div>

The boy's a good kid. I won't deny he gets spoiled at times, but the intent here is to make sure he bonds well with his first rifle he can call his own. It's worth a couple hundred extra to me.