• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DTA SRS in New York upstate

mcflury

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2008
florida tampa
any one have one in upstate new york just want to get a feel on the legality from what i have researched i believe its find just wanted to be sure. more importantly where to shoot i am in saratoga

Re: DTA SRS in New York upstate

Don't have one, but it's a bolt gun so the NYS version of the AWB should have no bearing on it. If you're looking to put a suppressor on it, that can't be done in NYS.

thanks for the reply just wanted to make sure really interested in just where to shoot

Forbes Rifle and Pistol Club is in Albany and goes out to 1000 yards.
http://www.forbesrifleandpistolclub.org/
I hear there is one in Canastota that goes out to 600. I haven't been to either of them. So far I have just been shooting at the 300yd range in West Burlington, which is only a few miles from me. I think space is a premium in the northeast so long ranges are few and far between.