• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS Monopod Installation?? Anyone have the Instructions/Installation Directions?

WillieFlo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
Houston
I just received my monopod assembly from DTA and just got a little monopod wrapped in bubble wrap.
No instructions on retrofitting/installation. WTF? Almost $400 and they don't send instructions? Does anyone have
any install instructions you could post or e-mail me at [email protected] ? Thanks!

I just removed mine the other day. Take your skins off as outlined in the owners manual, the monopod threads into the rear underside of the chassis.

I highly recomend getting new skins, I did a hack job on my skins before I got my new ones and it did not look nice even with my crafty finesse

No, looks like I may need new skins and freakin "upper"...!!! Bought my rifle back in 2012 with a SRSand now DTA must have completely new design b

Hey DESERT TACTICAL, Some Support Please?!

No, looks like I may need new skins and freakin "upper"...!!! Bought my rifle back in 2012 with a SRSand now DTA must have completely new design because it won't work. The "covert" kit I just received as well did NOT work either!! The Foreend threads onto a coupler that itself can thread into the upper and adjusted. My rifle was fab'd with threaded mount integrated.......pisses me off that
1) They don't ask you what variant you have or your serial number before you order; CRITICAL since they've redesigned more than once!!
2) Hey DTA, is it too difficult for you guys to create some instructions/directions on your parts?!? Instead of making your customers waste time to figure if retrofitting accessories will or will not work!!!

Normally if you tell them when you buy the parts what rifle you've got they will tell you that it needs to go back to the factory for threading the receiver. There aren't too many of the older rifles out there without pods anymore and if they don't get requests for updates they don't think about it. If you ran a company that made thousands of rifles you might find its tougher to keep up than you think. On the other hand you as an owner should know what you've got and be able to think for yourself. I know this is the age of "you owe me" types but when you buy car parts you tell them what year your car is....maybe help them help you by asking if there are differences. Since its been posted on the site here for quite some time that there are differences in gen 1 and gen 2 rifles it isn't a big surprise. The early gen 1 rifles are different and production is always like this. Buy early and you get cool stuff before everyone else does but there are issues like this to put up with. I've had to work on a couple early guns and mine is pretty early too. Its something that can be done and you just need to let them know whats going on. As for instructions you'll find any that there are on the DT site or forum. I never got any instructions with any of the stuff I bought.... skins, bolts, mags, monopod etc. I never really needed them. The manual explains how to get the gun apart and back together. Nothing on the gun is very complicated. It can be figured out pretty readily or ask on one of the boards. Someone will help cheerfully. Bitching because you bought an early gun that wasn't threaded won't help and reading through the old posts on the DTA thread will show that they frequently told owners they might need to send them in for threading. They explained how to find out whether that would be necessary as well.

Hope that helps

Frank