• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dual citizenship politicians

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    Like WiTF

Is there anything not fucked up with our oligarchy

B94A16E7-AC01-4F75-9FDD-35172BD70C69.jpeg

Reactions: khel and Zolar
    Always have an out. One of the first news reports had said there was an expired Saudi passport in Epsteins safe.

All the elites are tied into something.

Reactions: Plinker 73
    So is it true that there are zero Republicans in Congress with dual citizenship... or was that list complied by a partisan hack? I think I know the answer.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
    We the people have let them run rampant now the stampede is unstoppable

Yep. That horse left the barn well before I became of voting age, but what I saw from conservatives in the GWOT era taught me everything I needed to know about cattle leading themselves to slaughter.

And every single one of them (D, R, and anything else) needs to be barred from office.
    ... and anyone with French, Italian, German, Spanish, etc. ancestry; and blood test to validate. We all know only 'true' American patriots are loyal, honest, trustworthy, self-sacrificing, intelligent, etc. I'm working on the acceptable CHRISTIAN religions list. Tatoos - did I mention tattoos?

Hmmm... dual citizenship is disqualifying for positions in U.S. military intelligence with security clearance.... but not to serve in Congress?!??

... and anyone with French, Italian, German, Spanish, etc. ancestry; and blood test to validate. We all know only 'true' American patriots are loyal, honest, trustworthy, self-sacrificing, intelligent, etc. I'm working on the acceptable CHRISTIAN religions list. Tatoos - did I mention tattoos?
    Our politicians are elected to serve Americans, they answer to us and only us. Dual citizenship is evidence they have dual allegiances.

As to your not so veiled accusation of bigotry you can go fuck youself.

C4E20A70-687F-47C6-A0C0-7AE54CD2BCE3.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
    Hmmm... dual citizenship is disqualifying for positions in U.S. military intelligence with security clearance.... but not to serve in Congress?!??
    Dan Crenshaw is on that list too. Im guessing it didn't have any effect on his military career.

Not having dual citizenship did not prevent Snowdon or past and present presidents, politicians, etc., from mishandling and/or revealing classified information or leveraging their access to military or financial information or not having America's best interest in mind. Agencies performing security clearance evaluations and determinations should be required to consider all aspects of a person's life when conducting personnel security investigations.

And I was not attempting to make a veiled accusation of bigotry but to emphasize your narrow focus by throwing out countries Americans fought against, religious constraints (Catholicism, Judism,), etc.

But if you want to be offended, go ahead. I can take it, even with or without profanity or a feeding frenzy occurring.

Last edited:
    Dan Crenshaw is on that list too. Im guessing it didn't have any effect on his military career.
    I cannot find anything about him being a dual citizen. He was born in Scotland to American parents (expatriates). That does not mean he has dual citizenship.

My son is in process for Intelligence in the USMC. Dual citizenship would be a disqualifier.

Ted Cruz, maybe.
    He gave his Canadian Citizenship when it became an issue. (Can't remember, but I think it was Trump who hammered him on this).

While I do think there is merit in questioning dual citizen politicians, it would also be important to consider HOW they got their dual citizenship. Ted Cruz is a good example, he was a dual citizen by birth IIRC--Canadian Father, American Mother. There may be a few more examples of children born to immigrant parents. I really have no issue with these. The "bestowed" citizenship is a lot different than the "earned" one.

However.
    I believe a lot of the Israeli dual citizens are due to the law of return--Israel basically lets any person who can prove their Jewish heritage become a citizen. That means the citizenship was sought out. And while it does not immediately make them some sort of "threat" it does beg the question of dual loyalty. For most of them, I would guess it has to do with religious reasons. But its shouldn't mean they aren't immune to questions.

Its particularly tricky as the Jewish faith is tied to a particular country. I think the real question to be asked is how would you feel about a Muslim Politician with Dual Saudi/American citizenship.

As to @Franko's assertion that anyone foreign born should be barred from office, only 1 office has the restriction: President. You don't get a say over where you were born. You do have a say where your loyalties lie. "Texas, not born here, but got here as fast as I could". But I am ok with baring dual citizens from office--you can always give up citizenship of outside countries (a la the Ted Cruze precedent). I still think that's pretty strict though. I think its farther down the list of issues we have right now.

Also that list is super-outdated.

He gave his Canadian Citizenship when it became an issue. (Can't remember, but I think it was Trump who hammered him on this).

While I do think there is merit in questioning dual citizen politicians, it would also be important to consider HOW they got their dual citizenship. Ted Cruz is a good example, he was a dual citizen by birth IIRC--Canadian Father, American Mother. There may be a few more examples of children born to immigrant parents. I really have no issue with these. The "bestowed" citizenship is a lot different than the "earned" one.

However.
    I believe a lot of the Israeli dual citizens are due to the law of return--Israel basically lets any person who can prove their Jewish heritage become a citizen. That means the citizenship was sought out. And while it does not immediately make them some sort of "threat" it does beg the question of dual loyalty. For most of them, I would guess it has to do with religious reasons. But its shouldn't mean they aren't immune to questions.

Its particularly tricky as the Jewish faith is tied to a particular country. I think the real question to be asked is how would you feel about a Muslim Politician with Dual Saudi/American citizenship.

As to @Franko's assertion that anyone foreign born should be barred from office, only 1 office has the restriction: President. You don't get a say over where you were born. You do have a say where your loyalties lie. "Texas, not born here, but got here as fast as I could". But I am ok with baring dual citizens from office--you can always give up citizenship of outside countries (a la the Ted Cruze precedent). I still think that's pretty strict though. I think its farther down the list of issues we have right now.

Also that list is super-outdated.
    I am not against foreign born individuals who become American citizens holding office. I am against individuals being citizens of two countries while holding office. As I said a man can only serve one master and being a citizen of two nations means two allegiances.

I am not against foreign born individuals who become American citizens holding office. I am against individuals being citizens of two countries while holding office. As I said a man can only serve one master and being a citizen of two nations means two allegiances.
    I can live with that. We might disagree on the details (birthright citizenship is the problem--because revoking citizenship usually means a PITA for the individual, its probably minor, but I need to channel my hatred today into grading), but I think we agree, your loyalty should be to the US and the US only.

Simply: Citizenship doesn't mean loyalty. But it also doesn't mean you are immune to questions of loyalty.

Can you please repost that in English? Google Translate can't convert from Dumbfuckistan

That's nuts!
    I believe very few, if any, on this list would be obviously disloyal to the U.S. However, I also believe many would leverage their position to benefit themselves, affiliations, or acquaintances. They probably would not perceive giving or receiving ' favors' to be disreputable, questionable, much less disloyal to their oath.

Reactions: Franko
    I cannot find anything about him being a dual citizen. He was born in Scotland to American parents (expatriates). That does not mean he has dual citizenship.

My son is in process for Intelligence in the USMC. Dual citizenship would be a disqualifier.
    My bad. You're right. He's just foreign born.

Attachments

• 1696893674153.png
      1696893674153.png
      40 KB · Views: 26
    Reactions: Racer88