• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dumb labradar question

Sogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2013
On the labradar, does the accuracy of the velocity matter if I have 5 bars of “signal” or two? Let’s say my shot with 5 bars is 2750fps, if I have two bars will it be the same amount? How worried so I have to be to insure perfect alignment and shot feedback is my question.

On the labradar, does the accuracy of the velocity matter if I have 5 bars of “signal” or two? Let’s say my shot with 5 bars is 2750fps, if I have two bars will it be the same amount? How worried so I have to be to insure perfect alignment and shot feedback is my question.
The bars have to do with how far out it tracks the bullet, it has no bearing on the accuracy of the muzzle velocity.

To track the bullet as far as possible it requires a relatively uncluttered range, good alignment and ideally 6" of offset or less.
I was getting readings at 200 yards with a 6.5 Grendel this past weekend.

Also, does the distance to the muzzle matter depending on the direction? Is 6” directly perpendicular to the muzzle the same as right up against the barrel but 6” back towards the scope, or at a 45 degree angle from the muzzle? Is it basically the greater distance IE 6” perpendicular And 12” back towards the scope would be 12” as far as the labradar is concerned

Also, does the distance to the muzzle matter depending on the direction? Is 6” directly perpendicular to the muzzle the same as right up against the barrel but 6” back towards the scope, or at a 45 degree angle from the muzzle? Is it basically the greater distance IE 6” perpendicular And 12” back towards the scope would be 12” as far as the labradar is concerned
It is offset from the side edge(s) of the LabRadar and the axis of the bore. Being behind or in front of the muzzle doesn't factor into that. Such positioning is often needed to escape blast from a brake.

The opposite situation would be a .22 needing the unit slightly in front and a very close offset to trigger. The Piet recoil trigger is the better solution for reliable triggering with very quiet guns or very aggressive brakes that require less than ideal radar positions.