• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft dumb little game

Re: dumb little game

btw as in real life if you mil it using the side of the reticle as in real life it works alot better

i think i might actually buy the full simulator just for rainy day practice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw as in real life if you mil it using the side of the reticle as in real life it works alot better</div></div>

What do you mean by the side of the reticle? I'm trying to learn to range with mil dots not trying to be a smart ass or anything.

I think he means to use a specific quadrant of the reticle to range with as opposed to trying to mil with the height of the target alone with the crosshair centered on the target.

Now if someone could explain the windage correction I'm all ears.

Yeah I didn't do so well on the windage correction, converting it from inches to MOA to clicks, I dunno, I must have been doing something wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I didn't do so well on the windage correction, converting it from inches to MOA to clicks, I dunno, I must have been doing something wrong. </div></div>

That's why as in real life-clicks shouldn;t be a part of the thought process.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw as in real life if you mil it using the side of the reticle as in real life it works alot better</div></div>

What do you mean by the side of the reticle? I'm trying to learn to range with mil dots not trying to be a smart ass or anything.</div></div>

I'm pretty sure he means having the target off to one side so the reticle doesn't cover it.Just touching one of the lines whether verticle or horizontal.

As for the wind on there good luck theres not much difference in the little wind flag from 10-15mph. It'd be better if it had a pop up wind meter.

hey guys, so do you use the 10x or 20x to range? my mil dot scopes are in the second focal plane. I need practice!!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw as in real life if you mil it using the side of the reticle as in real life it works alot better</div></div>

What do you mean by the side of the reticle? I'm trying to learn to range with mil dots not trying to be a smart ass or anything.</div></div>

I'm pretty sure he means having the target off to one side so the reticle doesn't cover it.Just touching one of the lines whether verticle or horizontal.

As for the wind on there good luck theres not much difference in the little wind flag from 10-15mph. It'd be better if it had a pop up wind meter. </div></div>

Does that make a difference from holding the reticle right in the target? And no, this is not a smart ass question lol. I am just wondering what the difference is as I am still fairly new to this precision stuff. Thanx

I have the cd it has helped me and some friends out a lot it has a class that teaches you how to do the calculations it is worth the 20 bucks

Yeah I have it too. definitely helped with learning to mil stuff. What I wanted to know is. When you are milling your target does it help to hold off to one side instead of holding the reticle in the target? Also just kinda curious, what kinda scores are you guys getting doing the 308 advanced course?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">btw as in real life if you mil it using the side of the reticle as in real life it works alot better</div></div>

As for the wind on there good luck theres not much difference in the little wind flag from 10-15mph. It'd be better if it had a pop up wind meter. </div></div>

Thats what i meant makes it easier to me atleast and cant agree more on the wind gauge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BA7rum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey guys, so do you use the 10x or 20x to range? my mil dot scopes are in the second focal plane. I need practice!!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated. </div></div>

You have to do it at 10X or do it at 20 and divide by 2. and yeah you have to be vary careful on mils, being 1/8 of a mil off can be the difference between ranging 1500 meters and 1700 meters. that game is great for learning equations too. I had a hard time on the wind too. seemed I was always giving it twice what was needed, even though i would figure in the valuse of the wind.

finally, saw this a while back and could never find the game again.

I hate that game, my yardage pro does not work worth a shit on it, keeps coming back with an error.

Great software!
It can save you quite of bit of money on ammo.

The ballistics, hold-overs and milling are true.
Save yourself some time and make your own ballistic cards.
The environmental conditions are different from the card they provide you for all of the ranges except for the "warm-up" range.

HINT for those that are not familiar with second focal plane milling:
Mill on 20X and divide your value by half.

The full version also has some pretty good classroom modules for those that are fairly new to long range shooting.