• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dumb question on swapping stocks with DBM...........

isptroop38

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I have a 700P with an Atlasworx DBM that was professionally installed by a gunsmith (stock inletted and DBM secured to stock at proper depth with my Alpha mags). Let's say I have another 700 barreled action that shoots better than the 700P (1/2 MOA all day with handloads). I should be able to put the other barreled action into the 700P stock and the DBM should work normally with the same mags, right?

Seems pretty straightforward, but I want to double check before I try to swap stocks only to find out I'm wrong and I have to sight the rifles back in for nothing with the weather sucking and impending windchills being absurd.

To answer your first question, that's right, there shouldn't be any issues with the DBM feeding after swapping to a different barreled action. To answer your final concern, you should be on paper at least, meaning it shouldn't take you more than a few shots to sight in the rifle. Otherwise, you're doing something wrong.

Awesome, thank you for the quick reply sir. I was more concerned with function than sighting in.........I torque all my action screws to 45 in-lbs, so it should be close as you said. Thanks again!