• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Dumb shit you do/done with nv or thermal

So we drive around a bit and try another stand with no luck. We stop to piss and i scan with my Halo LR and see some heat to what looks about 300 yards. Could be pigs, dogs or a rabbit orgy(yeah, seen that before). So i take off on foot cause there was a fence in the way. I keep checking every 100 yards or so but I don’t seem to be getting much closer. Odd. At around 1000 yards out i know i am not looking at what i was hoping but my curiosity was getting to me. Well at 2000 yards according to my watch i am 400 yard from a bunch of bedded cows. Sigh. Not much in the area to base distance off of and super flat. Had 6000 steps from 12:00-2:45 am. Never seen cows show up that hot before at that distance, if only my halo had a lrf. Ha!
A Luna ELIR and 10x Magnifier that you can slip or screw onto a PVS 14 will save you a lot of walking and give you positive ID on critters Thermal lights up.

Even the best thermal really cannot provide a positive ID like a Luna ELIR and 10x magnifier can in most instances at long ranges. 3x and 5x Magnifiers are also a huge benefit to have in the stable, so to speak.

Luna ELIR frying tree leaves at 1,000 yards :LOL: This is a non magnified photo through ocular with Iphone.
1612645369318.png

1612645416319.png

• Love
Reactions: Jgunner
"borrowed" a set of mini IR light bars from a buddy and installed them on my 89 Supra and blasted around an abandoned section of backroads lights out during the summer. That was fun, and stupid, almost hit a raccoon. wish I got a video of it.
1612650751445.png

camera hated taking photos through the tube.

Reactions: Jgunner
1. I love to drive my golf cart around my neighborhood with my NODs on. keeps everyone on their toes when they drive by.
2. I may have done a little bit of a relocation on my neighbors cat late one night after it wouldn't stop pissing on my motorcycle. I almost feel sorry when I see the "missing cat" signs.
3. I love to go to the beach in the middle of the night. You see all sorts of weird shit on Sullivans Island. People fucking, praising the moon, passed out. etc. High quality entertainment.

Attachments

• SI night .JPG
    SI night .JPG
    781.8 KB · Views: 60
Back in 05 I was down in the motor pool with a couple guys from my section and we heard what sounded like a coyote or cats getting it on and decided to investigate.

Our motorpool was around 300m from the perimeter wall and msr Tampa was on the other side. So we get our nods out and start walking up to the wall and noticed the noise was coming out of the guard tower. So we sneak up and sure as shit the two in the tower were getting it on.

Scared the shit out of them when they realized 4 dudes watching them through nods laying pipe. We run back to the motorpool and our nightshirt team said that’s almost a nightly occurrence.

seeing titties through nods is a glorious thing. Just sayin

Attachments

• 1420E1D3-B744-430D-A063-CFDFFBA7D914.gif
    1420E1D3-B744-430D-A063-CFDFFBA7D914.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
High rack in the back of the Jeep, thermal only, driver had zero NVG and we were cruising along without white light, no moon:

Driver could not see a 4 foot drop off and neither could I. I thought I could see everything - wrong. We were cruising along at a solid 5mph or less, coming up to what looked like a small dip. That small dip turned out to be a 4 foot drop, right into the off side of a creek bank. There's a lot of support built into the high rack to include horizontal and vertical bars. While I was so happy I didn't get racked, I could hardly breathe because I got the wind nocked out of me.

After we gave it our best college try of getting that sucker unstuck, it was time to head back and get the pick-up. It was a warm summer night and I had about 400 yards of what felt like the tallest grass around thanks to a perfectly manicured hay field. I was wearing flip flops and shorts which made for a very shitty time avoiding anything that could resemble a copper head or rattler.

Lucked out on both fronts. Didn't brake a bone. No snake bite.

Lesson learned: NVG or bust. Be prepared to walk.
Just always be prepared. Adapt and overcome.