Gunsmithing  Dumbest Question of the Day!

CAG55

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
After seeing Shy King's video and saw the 7mmWSM shoot with a super light recoil, I was pretty sure I could shoot a rifle like that with out killing my back.Cory told me what break he is using.
Then a friend builds a Killer 284 Win. so I was leaning toward the 284 Win.
My question: I just traded for a Rem 700 adl in 7 Mag, the bolt is to big for the 284, but when I looked the 7 Mag and the 7mmWSM by the internet it shows that the rim dia is real close.
I would be great full for all advice!
Greg

Beef_Supreme

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2011
VA
Re: Dumbest Question of the Day!

Leave it 7 mag and put a good break on it? Pillar and bed it and all that mgic and KAPOW! Easy shooting accurate rifle with low recoil?

Some Day

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
PA

I agree.leave it 7 mag put break on you will love it.

CAG55

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas

That would be sweet, coming out with a long range rifle and not having too pay a boat load of money. I have been told that the thrusster is a good break, what do you all think is the best and where I might buy one?
How does a person know if the barrel and action needs to be trued up??
I am much great full for the help!
Greg

x ring accuracy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Parrish, Fl.
www.xringaccuracy.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAG55</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does a person know if the barrel and action needs to be trued up??
I am much great full for the help!
Greg </div></div>
Shoot it, the proof will be on the paper. If it groups good then leave it alone.

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio

The best brake would be the little bastard made by APA. The Thruster works well too. I doubt that you could tell much of a difference between the two.

KTDLS7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
D-FW, TX

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't go wrong with the 7RM.
The Vais brake does an awesome job at reducing recoil as well. </div></div>
+ ^ ^ ^ all above.

Vais brakes are excellent, unless you are shooting prone with nothing between the brake and the ground. It gets a might dusty since a Vais is ported 360*. I have one and type from experience. It is a very effective brake.

Kevin

Sidk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Vegas

I agree, stick a brake on it. I had SAC put a Little Bastard brake on my 308, and now it recoils like a light load 223 or less.

IkeEng

Minuteman
Nov 2, 2011
Marshall, VA

I need to add one to my 308. I'm thinking of going with the Little Bastard and having PCR do the work this summer.

CaptLink

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2009
Maryland,USA

JP makes a great break sold by brownells you may also put a dead mule in your stock to take the bite out.