• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

F T/R Competition Duplin bipod question

BradfromND

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Fargo, ND
I just picked up a Duplin bipod and it seems to be well built. I did have to sand and polish the bottom of the skis as they were really rough, but overall I'm happy with the bipod.

My only complaint I have is with the mounting system. I use an Eliseo chassis with a pic rail on the bottom so I ordered the bipod with a pic mount. This mount sucks. You have to remove the screws, attempt to slide the thing down the rail(which is tighter that tight) and then line up the holes with the slots and put the screws back in. Putting it on isn't completely horrible but trying to get the damn thing off is a royal PITA. The edges on everything are sharp and once it's been on a while, it doesn't want to come off. I'm afraid I'm going to cut my hand and/or break the pivot lock.

Has anyone come up with a better mount for a pic rail?

Contact Clint who builds them he is a good guy, and he may be able to help. He's done some work for me and he is only about 20mins from my house.

I was looking at the ADM mounts like on an Atlas and it looks like it would be easy for someone with a mill to be able to machine the top of this bracket down to accept a QD mount.

I'd see if he'd be interested in modding yours to work with the ADM mount and maybe he can offer it is as option from here on

I will check with him on that. To me, a QD mount makes sense but it would add an ounce or two to his bipod. Part of the reason a lot of us go with his bipod is because of its light weight when we're trying to go with a heavier pipe.

I decided to try the bipod on 4 other rifles with pic rails on them and found out that the rail on my Eliseo must be out of spec. The bipod slides right on all of the other rails without any issues. I'm going to see if I can find an Atlas rail that will work on my Eliseo without any mods.

Thanks

I am having the same exact issue with my Eliseo rail and Duplin bipod. When it was new, I had to use a rubber mallet to install and remove the bipod. After a while it has seemed to loosen up but still very tight. I'd love to have a QD mount for this bipod.

Tstras, mine was contacting on the top angled sides. The top was the correct height, and the bottom of the dovetail was correct, so I took a file and clearanced the angled parts. Now my bipod slides on nice.

I have a Center Shot, which is basically the same bipod except with carbon fiber bits instead of aluminum. I use a pic rail mount for mine. You may be able to use he same type mount for a pic rail for the Duplin.

There are Pic rail adaptors that will fit in a rail (The one I got I had to take a jewlers file and file the inside of it a bit to get it to fit in the rail on my PT&G (and that black coating on them is hard) GG&G sells QDs that you should be able to get to work. At worst you'd probably have to drill two holes.

Last edited:
QD would prove most helpful on these. For mid range days where you change lines and take turns in the pits, I case my rifle when not on the line which means on a typical match day, this bipod goes on and off three times. Mine fits the two guns I have used it one pretty easily, but really have to crank on it to get it tight without the rattle/wiggle in the mount. Keep waiting for the day one of the screws strip and I get to finish shooting off my range bag or more likely duct tape and bailing wire holding it on.

Great bipod, just need better Option for us guys using pic rails.

American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Modular Combos | Picatinny QD Mount

5-lug, Std lever, 3 oz.

AmericanDefenseMounts_zpsbf76edcc.jpg

gstaylorg, thanks that's exactly what I need!

BradfromND, I'll take a look at it when I get home. It shouldn't be too hard for me to find out where to file, I think it's worn down to bare metal where it's rubbing.

I'll probably just add the QD mount, I get tired of taking those screws in and out. I'm suppised I havent lost them yet.

gstaylorg, that is close to what I'm planning on doing. My plan is to mill a new center pivot section that is long enough to take the ADM mount and bolt it directly to the bipod. I want to make the pivot shorter to be able to put the rifle closer to the bipod. Now I just need my buddy to get his new mill off the pallet and get some tooling ordered up.

On my duplin bipod I replaced the stainless screws with plain steel screws. The bipod has stainless helicoils installed and with the stainless screw as everyone knows stainless on stainless gets galling without a lubricant. It's night and day easier to tighten and loosen now.