• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Durability of Nightforce

XLR

boss man
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Well, my father is a Snap-On Tools dealer and he recently asked to borrow my 375 Chey Tac so he could show it to some of his customers. Apparently, he decided that the safest place for it would be in the back on the top shelf. You guessed it, he took a corner to sharp and hit the curb throwing the 24 pound rifle to the ground from 6 feet in the air. It hit directly on the scope. The only damage was to the sun shade and a scratch on the paralax adjustment knob. No cracked or broken glass. I replaced the sunshade ($30) and took it out to shoot. Zero held perfectly. Shot out to 2600 yards. Tracking normal. I must say I am not pleased about the situation but could not be happier with the product from Nightforce. A+ in my book!

NF003.jpg

375ct-2147.jpg

Re: Durability of Nightforce

you better send it to me to double check.
smile.gif

Sweet stick bro!

Ive seen these scopes cop a hell of beating and not skip a beat

Glad to hear she still shoots well

That's why we pay the big bucks for the NF scope. Happy your rig didn't suffer any major damage.

Wow! I knew they were pretty rugged, but I would have guessed that fall would have cause more damage.

Thats why I shoot one , by the way very nice rifle!

I hope mine will never take a tumble like that but i feel better knowing that its a survivable incident.....thanks for sharing, great story and 2600 yards? holy shit man! I rarely drive that far let along shoot it! Damn.

What makes this worse is that this particular scope was only 3 weeks old. I thought for sure that it was done. I was thinking that I should take out an insurance policy for these rifles
wink.gif

I bought my Nightforce 5.5X22X56 in 2001 when I had my McMillan 300RUM built. My scope has been banged around for years and it still shoots true everytime. Money well spent. I paid $950.00 for that scope back then. If I knew then what I know how, I would have bought 3 scopes.
XLR, I am certinly looking forward to my stock waiting for me at the house when I get home.

S/F,

Having just bought one a few months ago I have no doubt that it was the best money that I've ever spent. I heard these optics were durable but this goes way beyond that. Just goes to show you that you get what you pay for.

Nice to hear again how well built these scope are. These are the kind of things that will be passed down from generation to generation. I just got my second one a week ago. Rifles may come and go but the NF scope will move on to the next rifle.

OUCH INDEED!!!

But the REAL question is...HOW DID THE EVOLUTION HD HOLD UP?!?!?!
wink.gif
Just joking of course!

Glad everything turned out okay (with the rifle/scope and you not shooting your Dad for knocking it off a 6' shelf!!).

Glad to here that your scope wasn't damaged XLR. That would make me sick to my stomache if that happened to me damaged or not.

MS

Simple really....

NF + .375 Chey Tac ~ Lawton 8000 = durability, functionality and peace of mind...

Counter Sniper + 375 Chey Tac ~ Lawton 8000 = FAIL

Nice set up indeed!

Wow you let your dad take that beautiful rifle to show off to his buddies, now thats family trust. Glad to hear no damage was done. My next scope will be a nightforce

only 2k feet eh?.
I dont know much about NF but im sure their warranty and craftsmanship is on par with Leupold and Weaver if anything im sure they would have(hoping) taken care of your scope had it popped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QikEnuF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done a lot worse with a Leupy out here, but apparently they are fragile. Rolled a rifle down a 2k foot hill...

Glad the NF survived intact though, could have been an expensive booboo </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whoMe?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only 2k feet eh?.
I dont know much about NF but im sure their warranty and craftsmanship is on par with Leupold and Weaver if anything im sure they would have(hoping) taken care of your scope had it popped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QikEnuF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done a lot worse with a Leupy out here, but apparently they are fragile. Rolled a rifle down a 2k foot hill...

Glad the NF survived intact though, could have been an expensive booboo </div></div> </div></div>

you cant compare a leupy or Weaver with a NF. thats like comparing a hyundai with a Ferrari. not even close.

Look like Pops should kick in for extra accessories. Just kidding. Nice rifle, hoping they can build one for a Savage 30-06.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whoMe?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only 2k feet eh?.

</div></div>

Edit-Removed post. Pointless to argue...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QikEnuF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whoMe?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only 2k feet eh?.

</div></div>

Edit-Removed post. Pointless to argue... </div></div>
LOL so true. this guy obviously has no experience with any of the scopes he mentioned...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QikEnuF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whoMe?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only 2k feet eh?.

</div></div>

Edit-Removed post. Pointless to argue... </div></div>
LOL so true. this guy obviously has no experience with any of the scopes he mentioned... </div></div>

I'll bet a dollar and say he owns a Weaver
wink.gif

MS

you can paypal me the $1 later Moonshadow because I dont own a Weaver :p

I wasnt trying to 'argue' nor put down NF. My experience with scopes has been as a competitive smallbore shooter. NRA prone,3-positions and smallbore silhouette. Im not trying to compare apples to oranges as far as performance or reliability other than stating a high dollar scope should and probably does come with a strong factory guarantee as does Leupold.

my .02