• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Dust collector for Sandblaster?

Re: Dust collector for Sandblaster?

Old vacuum cleaner with a really fine filter if your talking about the dust that blows up in the cabinet

I've been using a shop vac and it works decent, but the filter gets plugged pretty quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using a shop vac and it works decent, but the filter gets plugged pretty quickly. </div></div>
I use a shop vac aswell a sthil it's good but filter blocked quick but using a bag now aswell as filter and it's perfect

I have been using a shop vac with a Gore CleanStream filter. I picked it up at Lowes for around $30. Works pretty good so far.

Be mindful of the shopvac route. The filters in most shopvacs are not made to pull particles out of the air down to the size of the stuff circulating in most blast cabinets (micron rating). Those small particles are then shot out into the open shop air around you where you breath them in. Light duty is one thing, but when you're settling in for a day of blasting and using a shop vac, you'll end up doing a week of hocking up black phlegm.

Tie a white t-shirt over the exhaust port of your shop vac and have at it for a small normal blasting session. Then look at the shirt after and see what you're breathing.