• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Duty/SWAT scope Burris XTR II 1-5 or NF 1-4 FC2

cop1211

Minuteman
May 21, 2009
ne florida
I'm considering either the Burris XTR II 1-5, or another NF 1/4 FC2.
I have another NF1/4 FC2, and I am comfortable with that scope at cqb distances.
The Burris XTR II 1-5 has my interst, but would like to know if it is good to go at cqb distances.
I have 6 other rifles with Aimpoints, a 7th rifle with a Vortex 1-6.
My eyes are starting to go downhill on me so for this rifle I will be going with a scope.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Might have gotten better results without all the "cop/swat/duty/stuff" thing. Or just posted that in the mil/LE forum.

Having said that; I think you won't find many answers, as they just came out, and there's not a lot of info or testing on them for anyone to answer your question.

If you get the Burris; please post a review here to add to the info pool.

I apologize if anyone was offended by the title. I was just listing the intended use for the optic is going to be than just range time.
I can get the Burris for $600, a new NF 1-4FC2 for $1,000, or pick up another Vortex 1-6 for $1,050 lightly used.
All the reviews that I've found have been very positive on the XTR II 1-5, I'm leaning to giving that a shot.
Thanks for any other help that anyone can provide.

I guess I would have to ask, why wouldn't it be good for CQB distances.

Up close shooting isn't very demanding of a magnified optic. Glass quality and
magnification become secondary to eye relief, exit pupil, and field of view. You have to be able to easily see and acquire your target with a readily visible reticle.

All that information is available on Burris' website.

Why don't you ask the other guys on your team as they will be familiar with your AO and temo.

Check out the swfa hd series. Namely the 1-6. It would be an excellent optic for your intended use. There's lots of info and reviews out there about it.

It's a shameless plug but I've got one for sale in the classified section if you're interested.