• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

E-File form 4 time?

I filed an eform4 on February 2 and nothing yet. I called a couple weeks ago and all they said was it’s pending.

LGS had them rolling in in the 60-70 day range - and now- they've slowed WAYYYY down. Seeing 100+ days. Must be popular :p .

On another note - all of my previous eForm 1's had come back in less than 2 weeks. Currently waiting on one at 73 days............

Reactions: Brym427
We had some of our very first ones come back under 90. Now they are over 110-120 days.

My eFile through Capital Armory (1 RP Trust) was 80 days from certification date to approval date.
I just mailed in the 4473 to Capital Armory and I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival now of my Dead Air Primal.

eFile on 19 Feb 2022. Called today and they said it's Pending. that's over 120 day and still waiting.

So I filed an eform 4 on February 14 2022. Around the same time I mailed in my FFL app. FFL was approved April 1 I filed another eform 4 on April 6 and a 3rd April 8. The April 8 was approved June 23. April 6 was approved June 27. February 14 still pending.

Do they randomly pick which forms they process? Or what is more likely if you call to check the status they move it to a special take extra long file

Do they randomly pick which forms they process?
They do it like this...

illustration-boy-trying-pin-donkeys-260nw-74537059.jpg

Same boat....mines been pending since early Feb. So much for the more efficient process.

I just sent off a request to my senator. I am only 32 days in, but I am going to see what happens.

They should have hired 87,000 examiners instead of IRS agents.

Reactions: BLEE and Winny
Efiled a can first week of February of this year. Two weeks after filed two more. They took my money a month or so later for all three. This last week got the first can approved. Hopefully the other two are not too far behind.

certified two on 3/17… 235 days waiting as of today. mega thread over on reddit has approvals coming between 235 and 238 days. 3/14 to 3/16 certified dates. with a couple 3/18 sprinkled in.

How long are people seeing for status changes? Between "pending/in process" to when its actually assigned to an officer, to approval? I'm at 70 days so far and it's not even been assigned on my e form 4. Not sure if the majority of the wait is from submission of the e form to officer assignment or from officer assignment to approval.

from what i have seen, there is no status change from pending to approved. i’m have talked to atf several times of over the last 7.5 months and all you will ever get from them is “pending”. as a side note, the last time i called the lady told me she had access to that info but has been told by her management not to provide any additional info other than pending.
i hate to cause you any anguish, but at 70 days, it going to be a long time until you get approved. or until they get all the paper forms cleared out and focus on efiles. i’ll be at 240 days 5 days from today. go over to reddit and find the november mega thread and you can see the trends. they also start a new one at the first of the month. so they have months of approvals to look at to try and get a sense of when you may get yours approved.
also, use your control numbers to see where you are in line.

Last edited:
My FFL is telling people 8-10 months (i have a couple in jail on E-files).

Best thing to do is forget you bought anything then be pleasently surprised when you get the call…

from what i have seen, there is no status change from pending to approved. i’m have talked to atf several times of over the last 7.5 months and all you will ever get from them is “pending”. as a side note, the last time i called the lady told me she had access to that info but has been told by her management not to provide any additional info other than pending.
i hate to cause you any anguish, but at 70 days, it going to be a long time until you get approved. or until they get all the paper forms cleared out and focus on efiles. i’ll be at 240 days 5 days from today. go over to reddit and find the november mega thread and you can see the trends. they also start a new one at the first of the month. so they have months of approvals to look at to try and get a sense of when you may get yours approved.
also, use your control numbers to see where you are in line.
Got it. I called to confirm receipt of my finger prints and the woman I spoke to said that I would be notified of a status change when it was given to an officer for review. I am well aware of how long it can take all in, but her comments made me curious about their internal time lines for each portion of the process.