• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns EAA witness: steel vs polymer 10 mm

airstream

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2017
Don't really need a 10mm, but want one. If HK made one, game over. But no, so looking at one of these. Not interested in any other, so no 1911, Sig, Glock< etc. Poly is around $700 and steel $1000. Appreciate pros and cons from witness owners. Thinking 4.5" minimum barrel.

I have a Witness Stock 2 10mm and while it is great to shoot with full power 200gr GCHCL bullet ammo, it is a lot heavier to actually carry while headed up the mountain. I usually pack my Glock 20 instead. I would like to try a polymer frame Witness as I really prefer DA/SA over striker fired pistols of this type.

I just got a an EAA Witness P Match Pro in 10mm this past week, what would you like to know. Got mine from Buds $607 delivered.
NFCcVbW.jpg

Last edited:
Their 6” hunter is a beautiful handgun. I’d try to handle both the poly and steel before you buy.

The carrying comment above make sense. If you are going to hike with it then the poly makes sense.

I don’t own a 10, or a Witness, so the hunter seemed like a model that checked two boxes.

Yeah, I looked really hard at the Hunter, and the Stock III. I may still end up with one or the other down the road.