• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle out of business?

Re: Eagle out of business?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, i'd pay more for stock packs and other gear if they are of the quality we've come to expect and are berry-compliant (or at least made by an actual ally nation, like UK). I hope you find someone who can deliver the goods at a decent rate, and maybe they'll actually be able to keep up with demand (unlike Eagle). </div></div>

Thats good to hear, I hope there are enough others out there that think like you, and are willing to back those thoughts with a few extra $$$$.

If not, Im going to end up unhappy (and broke).

I suppose that will depend on how much extra it costs, but one thing I know is that those who actually use their equipment (be it competing, hunting hard/hellish terrain, police/security/soldiering) they will often be willing to pay. Me, I just like having the best because I know I can depend on it no matter how big of a fiasco a simple outing turns into.

Steve, There are plenty of us that want the best, even at higher costs. To prove it, I just ordered to Eagle stock packs from you.

It had to happen. There are so many manufacturers now with varying levels of quality. You have people complaining about the pricing being to high since it has to be from American Labor, but then they complain when things are made in China on the cheap.

Wal-Mart wouldn't rule retail if Made in USA meant anything.

The blow-out-sale at Natchez showed me the willingness of people to buy product made in other countries.

Triad is exploring other options for providers of mainline of US made tactical gear, and pushing forward with designs of our own.

[/quote]

Steve,

Or that consumers didn't know that Eagle was anything BUT made in the USA and purchased quickly when a good deal on Eagle products was to be had (even when they really didn't need what they ordered...way down on the want list) only to find the product was not made in the USA (or anyway some of it). I must sheepishly raise my hand and plead guilty. I am really disappointed in the quality of the DR stuff. Not something that you can put your finger on but it just is not Eagle fit and finish. Most went to a local shop and was sold on consignment and the item went back on the list of "wants" from Triad. Hopefully it will be in stock when it comes time to purchase as I know that it will be made in the USA when I do purchase an Eagle product from Triad.
$49 for an Eagle case seemed too good to be true...it was.

Pat

goddamn it I like stockpacks.

Alternatives?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the easiest way to tell if an Eagle product is made in DR? </div></div>

If its made in the USA, it will say so on one of the tags or labels. Larger products(bags,cases, pack etc) have a logo tag on the outside that will say St Louis MO on them.

Products from DR may or may not say it on the product tag or label. If the label does not say MADE IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, there may be another small tag stuck in a small crack or behind a section of webbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">goddamn it I like stockpacks.

Alternatives? </div></div>

Hang tight, there will be....

Thanks Steve, my HSRC LE 44 in khaki has the Eagle logo tag with "Eagle USA St. Louis, MO" so I'm guessing it's US made. I got it from a small shop and paid an arm and a leg for it. They were the only shop I could find them in stock though... Glad it's at least US made so I don't feel as bad spending what I did on it.

So no more eagle stock packs for the time being is that what we are saying here ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So no more eagle stock packs for the time being is that what we are saying here ? </div></div>

Triad still has US made ones in stock in three variations, in certain colors. If I added up all that I have, it would be about 100 left in stock. They are all listed here:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Weapon-Accessories/

If the shopping cart sells you a color, it should be in stock.

I live outside StLouis and have 99% eagle gear and i wont buy from anyone else they are not at all overpriced for the great gear u get. I have heard that once partners of eagle left and thay became Condor and Voodoo so I think i know were all this is headed to many people want half ass half priced CRAP just my 2 cents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So no more eagle stock packs for the time being is that what we are saying here ? </div></div>

Triad still has US made ones in stock in three variations, in certain colors. If I added up all that I have, it would be about 100 left in stock. They are all listed here:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Weapon-Accessories/

If the shopping cart sells you a color, it should be in stock. </div></div>

Just ordered one! Thanks.

Tactical Tailor still made in USA and they do custom runs, maybe a company to look into for Triad.

This thread is amusing, everyone bitching about a $35 piece of material not made in the good old USA.

How many of you jumped at the chance to buy that new FFP 5-20 Tasco Super Sniper made out of country though.

No words of protest there......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is amusing, everyone bitching about a $35 piece of material not made in the good old USA.

How many of you jumped at the chance to buy that new FFP 5-20 Tasco Super Sniper made out of country though.

No words of protest there......</div></div> lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is amusing, everyone bitching about a $35 piece of material not made in the good old USA.

No words of protest there...... </div></div>

That is very funny and true... glad I jumped at the chance to buy another USO...

No words of protest there......</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">
That is so very true!</span> I guess made in the USA only matters when the cost is less than $100.

No words of protest there......</div></div>

That's a non sequitur, since the SS scopes have always been made there and have never been represented as anything other than that. That product line wasn't bought up from the US by a company with shady practices and then surreptitiously moved overseas in order to favor their existing chicom garbage.

If you are going to make that comparison, at least pick an incidence in which this actually occurred. Perhaps Leupold outsourcing many of their lines/parts/etc. would be more accurate.

But there was another company that did.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That's a non sequitur, since the SS scopes have always been made there and have never been represented as anything other than that. That product line wasn't bought up from the US by a company with shady practices and then surreptitiously moved overseas in order to favor their existing chicom garbage.

If you are going to make that comparison, at least pick an incidence in which this actually occurred. Perhaps Leupold outsourcing many of their lines/parts/etc. would be more accurate.

</div></div>

The comment wasn't aimed at anyone directly, it was just food for thought and here's another one.

At what point do you consider a product truely made in America? I.e. in the case of a stock pack do you really thing all of the following where manufactured in the USA:
*Fabric
*Zippers
*Buckles/clasps
*Thread
*Machines/equipment used to make the final USA made product??

I'm mearly pointing out the things people don't think about when they get on their soap box on the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">goddamn it I like stockpacks.

Alternatives? </div></div>

Hang tight, there will be.... </div></div>

Cool. I bought a spare stockpack from you anyway. And like $400 of other shit whups